[SOLVED] Minecraft running slow despite new gpu

Zach4455

Prominent
Aug 1, 2020
I just got my GPU, installed drivers and expected to see a fps boost in Minecraft but nope, it still runs same as it did without gpu...

Solution
The previous gpu was never using 100% of its performance so the new gpu will do the same. It's a simple fact that the cpu is not letting the gpu do more. Check cpu, gpu, ram usage and you can easily see which component to upgrade rather than assuming which is the issue.
Jul 2, 2020
My specs:
GT 710
Dh55tc mobo
I3 540
4gb ram
Upgrade your CPU. The i3-540 is the second slowest cpu your motherboard supports.
Because your socket is outdated, I would recommend a board that supports Haswell processors (That as a budget option). Alternatively, get a new pc. If these options don't work for you, try getting an i7-860.

Snoobaa

Reputable
Feb 13, 2020
My specs:
GT 710
Dh55tc mobo
I3 540
4gb ram
You definitely need something better than 4GB of RAM. I'm surprised it can run minecraft without crashing not gonna lie.

Your CPU is also pretty slow. Definitely consider upgrading that or....

At this point... I would save up for a new PC. These parts are a little dated and you can definitely get a heck of a lot better things for a very good price.

Zach4455

Prominent
Aug 1, 2020
You definitely need something better than 4GB of RAM. I'm surprised it can run minecraft without crashing not gonna lie.

Your CPU is also pretty slow. Definitely consider upgrading that or....

At this point... I would save up for a new PC. These parts are a little dated and you can definitely get a heck of a lot better things for a very good price.
Yes I know my cpu is slow but atleast I should get a little fps boost after getting a GPU but nope but it works as it did without gpu, correct me if I'm wrong.

Snoobaa

Reputable
Feb 13, 2020
Yes I know my cpu is slow but atleast I should get a little fps boost after getting a GPU but nope but it works as it did without gpu, correct me if I'm wrong.
If say for example, your CPU is the issue and was the issue before you got a GPU, buying a GPU when you're already maxing out the CPU isn't going to make a difference. With RAM also, if you are running out of RAM while playing minecraft, but you get a GPU, you still have the same amount of RAM holding you back.

The previous gpu was never using 100% of its performance so the new gpu will do the same. It's a simple fact that the cpu is not letting the gpu do more. Check cpu, gpu, ram usage and you can easily see which component to upgrade rather than assuming which is the issue.

Solution
My specs:
GT 710
Dh55tc mobo
I3 540
4gb ram
What are you actually getting for FPS?

I used to play Minecraft on my HTPC 3 years ago, which still runs an i3-2120 and GT 710. The GT 710 is only capable of 60-80fps in Minecraft at 1080p and it doesn't seem to matter what CPU you are running as long as it has fast single core processing. I saw the same 60-80 fps with the GT 710 on an i5-4570 in my nephew's PC and on a temporary Minecraft server running an Athlon II x2 245.