playstation1868

Reputable
Apr 5, 2018
Hello! I am rocking an RTX 2080 Super (Liquid Cooled), an AMD Ryzen 7 3800x (Liquid Cooled), 16GB RAM @ 3733 Mhz, all on the ASUS ROG Crosshair Hero VIII MotherBoard. My rig is also powered by a corsair RM850x PSU. My previous rig had an I7-7700 and a GTX 1070. So, then tell me why my previous rig ran high end shaders LOCKED at 60 FPS whereas this one will START minecraft running at like 90 FPS but after about a minute of play will lower to 30 FPS. I know minecraft is CPU bound...but i think I have a plenty powerful CPU. The priority is set to high in task manager (though it behaves the same in normal) and the affinity shows that it is taking advantage of all of the cores. Please help me! Why did the worse rig run this setup with a more stable and high framerate?? This does not make sense. I have updated the bios and reinstalled Geforce drivers. No luck.
Thanks.

playstation1868

Reputable
Apr 5, 2018
Maybe then it's a GPU driver issue? Have you tried some other driver version for the RTX GPU ? You using Windows 10 O S?

How do all other PC games perform on your RIG ? Graphic demanding games that is.
I am on windows ten and I am on the most recent GPU driver...I am pretty sure that this is the same one as my other rig. Other GPU intensive games such as MAX SETTINGS witcher 3 (Including max hairworks) perform at a rock steady 100FPS. So confused.