Question Mini Displayport Adapter For (UW-QHD+)3840 x 1600@75 Hz

Jan 4, 2020
Need Mini Displayport Adapter For (UW-QHD+)3840 x 1600@75 Hz. Doesn't matter if it is HDMI or Displayport.

Connecting Surface Dock Acer XR382CQK. Having a hard time finding one that even supports the resolution.

Jan 4, 2020
ISSUE
  • Having intermittent (length & frequency) of screen blacking out 2 - 10 seconds at a time. Always comes back, but very annoying.
  • Replaced existing Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable with new 1.4 cable in hopes existing cable was culprit, but the problem continues.
Any help you could provide would be helpful.

DEDUCTION

• Use my Surface Pro with a different dock (same model) at work with different monitor - no problems.
  • Have used my monitor with other PCs - no problems.
  • While waiting on new cable, used a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI cable with same Surface Pro, same Surface Dock, & same monitor with no problems other than a resolution limitation.
  • So, in some scenarios I have ruled out the cable, the monitor, the dock, and the Surface Pro, but not in configuration I need.

CONFIGURATION
  • Surface Pro 5 (2017)
    • i7-7660U / Intel Iris Graphics 640
    • Connected to Surface Dock via Surface Connect cable.
    • Surface Dock has two Mini DisplayPorts. Monitor is connected from Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort. I believe this is happening on both ports.
    • Surface Pro has one Mini DisplayPort. I believe this is occuring when directly connected.

NEXT STEPS
  • If any idea on what could be the cause of this, what I can do to identify it, or what I can do to fix it... PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
  • Will do further testing on each Mini DisplayPort from the dock.
  • Will do further testing directly from the Surface Pro's Mini DisplayPort, excluding the dock as the culprit.

Jan 4, 2020
Issue still happens regardless of dock, port, or directly to PC. I have triple confirmed all drivers and software is up to date, but according to this forum post, MS does not show or allow a Surface Pro the latest drivers. They must be installed manually.

I have manually installed the drivers directly from Intel... I will wait a few days and if I do not see the flicker, I will update this thread.

Microsoft Forum - Answer