[SOLVED] Mini freezes - What should I check

Sep 5, 2020
Hello,

Important part:

for a while I had problem with something like mini freezes. I short video showing this problem:

View: https://youtu.be/0IckDod6chc

First, like you hear, there is some disruption in sound. It's easier to catch and more frequent problem. With short white noise come sometimes short image freeze. It is hard to catch, but actually happen on video. Rarely it's even bigger.
It's happening usually for a while (15-30 minutes) after system start and after few hours of running. On video I play game, but it's not connected to the problem. It happens also, when I just watch youtube/netflix/video on harddrive, or even just listen to music at the start.
I was checking for some spikes in task manager, but couldn't find anything consistent with problem.
I was looking into ram, for a while was sure that there is problem, but made full few hours MemTest86 check and it went flawless.
It's not speakers, same problem is on headphones... Well ok stupid comment you can hear it in youtube video.
I sometimes have blue screens. I think that they are connected (I have impression, that they happen with higher probability when the mini-freeze problem occurs), but I don't think it's same problem. Blue screens usually appear when I same time play demanding game and have lots of things, especially chrome open on other monitor.
It happens when I have both monitors or just one connected.
Almost everything I use is on SSD drives.

Some system info (tell me what you need:

CPU: Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Motherboard: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING
Ram: 4 x 4GB DDR4 XMP PC4-24000 G Skill Intl / F4-3000C15-4GRR 15-15-15-35 / 3002 MHz / 1.350V (from ram testcan show full reporet if needed buy there was just no errors)
SSD/HDD: CT 500 MX 500 SSD1 (for data, from here usually games are going)
M4-CT512M4SSD1 (Half is used as main windows partition)
2 x Hitachi HUA722020ALA330 - rarely used, just for data
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty 1000W 80+Gold modular
OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134 System Type x64-based PC

Right now I'm actually thinking it is power supply reason. I have no IT education, but physic. So I'm thinking - maybe there are small power surges and first that can record them is voice output? Said so - I'm not sure, since voice problems are same on headphones and speakers, while speakers are connected by 3.5 mm and headphones - USB. So it's not output per se.
My second guess is motherboard, I wasn't very delicate while taking out or putting back in RAM or video card.
That's where I ask you for help - what can be the reason and how can I check and test it.

NOT important part.
I hope it's not a stupid question. I did my google research, few actually past half year or so, but problems I found about "freezes" weren't actually same as mine. Maybe problem was with my English, wasn't able to put it right on google search engine. Troubleshooting so far (reinstalling audio drivers, checking RAM) gave nothing, but I would gladly do it again if you think I should - I'm not IT expert so maybe I did something wrong, used bad program etc.

I'm not sure if I put it in right forum. It's here as general system - because I don't know WHAT actually failed.
Would prefer way of checking/finding the culprit instead of "buying new part and checking if it works". But if you are sure that we found a reason, I guess I will put my faith in your experience dear community.

Last edited:
Solution
I would see if replacing the unit with a donor unit that's reliably built changes your experience. Borrow a PSU from a friend or neighbor which has at least 650W of power from a PSU that's made by the likes of Seasonic.

Your OS is on 17134 which is...ages ago. Reinstall your OS with the latest installer made with Windows Media Creation Tools. Prior to reinstalling, make sure your motherboard is on the latest BIOS update.

When stating specs, always list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

Lutfij

Titan
I would see if replacing the unit with a donor unit that's reliably built changes your experience. Borrow a PSU from a friend or neighbor which has at least 650W of power from a PSU that's made by the likes of Seasonic.

Your OS is on 17134 which is...ages ago. Reinstall your OS with the latest installer made with Windows Media Creation Tools. Prior to reinstalling, make sure your motherboard is on the latest BIOS update.

When stating specs, always list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:

Solution