Mini ITX build could it be made any better ?

Kakarot07

Reputable
Sep 20, 2016
Hey everyone I am done waiting and want to say goodbye to my old scrap system my budget is around $12.5K (give or take few) I want to start with a Mini ITX here is it what I have planned please correct me, if anything better could be done:

Mobo : ASRock X99E-ITX/ac LGA 2011-v3 Intel X99
CPU : Intel Core i7-6850K 15M Broadwell-E 6-Core 3.6 GHz LGA 2011-v3 140W Processor
RAM : G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3466 MHz
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan X (Pascal) 12GB
OS Drive : SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 512GB PCI-Express 3.0 x4 Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
SSD : SAMSUNG 850 PRO 2.5" 2TB SATA III (x2)
HDD : WD Black 6TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA (x3)
ODD : LG Electronics 16X SATA Blu-Ray Internal Rewriter
PSU : Cooler Master V850 - Fully Modular 850W 80 PLUS Gold PSU
Cabinet : MasterCase Maker 5 Mid-Tower Case (I know case is very big but couldn't find any with an ODD bay, 3 HDD bay, 2 ssd bay and windowed)
Wifi Adaptor : ASUS USB-AC68 Dual-band AC1900 USB 3.0 Wi-Fi Adapter
I am going to custom everything (CPU, GPU, maybe RAM too), doing a bit of blue light modding and sleeving the PSU cables to blue and black. The purpose for it would be sole gaming (a little bit of other activities but mainly hardcore gaming). And don't want any upgradation for at least 5-6 years.

Solution
Some of by views:

1. If performance is the objective, a windowed side panel will not help. And it will be noisier.
That said, looks count so buy a case that you love. It will be with you for a long time.

2. The last case is a large one, capable of a full ATX sized motherboard. Does size matter to you?
If not, why are you looking for a ITX based system. ITX is intended for small systems and will not have the expansion options available on larger ATX and M-ATX motherboards.

3. With modern 14nm processors and graphics cards, power requirements are much less. Liquid cooling is not necessary.
If you want liquid cooling for looks, then OK. But a good air cooler will be just as effective for the cpu or gpu. And, in the process...
Define "better"

For pure gaming, a i7-6700K is likely to overclock higher which is what you need most for gaming.
And... few games can use more than 4 threads anyway.
Some lga1151 ITX motherboards come with wifi included.
USB wifi may have weak antenna and not as good a signal.

If you are going to use a MATX case anyway, you might do better with a M-ATX motherboard that allows sli.
Titan X(pascal) is as good as it gets today and is likely to be overkill for all except 4k gaming.
Silverstone TJ-08E is considerably more compact.

these three maybe. This would be a lot easier if you'd just buy an external disc drive, there is no performance loss over USB 3.0.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811353062&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811139033&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-PCPartPicker,%20LLC-_-na-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=&AID=10446076&PID=3938566&SID=

http://www.corsair.com/en-us/carbide-series-spec-m2-microatx-gaming-case

Kakarot07

Reputable
Sep 20, 2016

By better I meant performance and that Silverstone TJ-08E doesn't has a side panel window

Kakarot07

Reputable
Sep 20, 2016

These are some good suggestions I am considering about the DIYPC Case can I install radiators for custom cooling in it ?

Some of by views:

1. If performance is the objective, a windowed side panel will not help. And it will be noisier.
That said, looks count so buy a case that you love. It will be with you for a long time.

2. The last case is a large one, capable of a full ATX sized motherboard. Does size matter to you?
If not, why are you looking for a ITX based system. ITX is intended for small systems and will not have the expansion options available on larger ATX and M-ATX motherboards.

3. With modern 14nm processors and graphics cards, power requirements are much less. Liquid cooling is not necessary.
If you want liquid cooling for looks, then OK. But a good air cooler will be just as effective for the cpu or gpu. And, in the process you will have a more reliable rig.
Look at the cryorig and Phanteks coolers which have available color mods.
The practical reason for liquid cooling is to allow for higher overclocks.
Instead of spending big bucks for a small increase, just buy a higher performing part in the first place.

4. What monitor will you be using?
Why not consider a large 34-40" 4k monitor for a top end build?

Solution

Kakarot07

Reputable
Sep 20, 2016

As it's going to be my first build I am thinking of starting with a smaller size that's why I am considering a Mini ITX, and yes I guess I would be doing some overclocking that's why I am going with a custom loop. About the monitor I am confused between using a Acer Predator X34 or a Asus PG348Q also tell if I can use a multi display then I'll be using 3 Acer Predator XB271HK