Question Mini-ITX Build freezing on XMP, and on Auto typically dies at end of stress test

Nov 26, 2020
Hi all,

Built by self a new mini-itx systems:

Intel Core i9-10900K
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-I Gaming
HyperX Fury 2x32GB, DDR4-3600, DIMM 288
Noctua NH-D15 Chromax (cpu cooler) - didnt fit with both fans on, the side fan is "hanging" on the side
GTX 1080 TI - but I am quite sure its not the graphics card as it was doing the same hanging without the GPU installed on the chips on integrated graphics.
WD Black SN750 Gaming 2GB SSD

So when ever I start up any typical os like Manjaro or Windows with XMP1 or XMP2 setting the rig will run for maybe up to a minute but then freezes.
I ran Memtest on XMP1 setting for 6 hours.. no errors found, but it was a special bootable usb versions.

When booting the PC in Auto mode (not XMP) it defaults the memory clocks to 2400 I think. I am able to run some stress tests.. sometimes it dies during, sometimes it dies right at the end, but it seems to run better. CPU temps dont seem tobe going up over 80 after 15 min of stress testing, so not CPU temp issue.

Any throughts on how to proceed? The crap thing with mini-ITX builts is that everything is so packed in order to remove one of the dimms I need to remover the whole cooling system...

Thanks in advance!

Tol.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS