[SOLVED] Mini ITX Gaming Budget Build (Esports Ready)

mini_itx_build

Reputable
Feb 28, 2020
Hey guys,

I have following Plan.

I want to build a Mini ITX Build that lets me play CSGO at ~180FPS (esports ready).

I want to secure the Mini ITX form factor to easily carry it to lan etc.

I need advice for the following:

CPU: I guess AMD Ryzen 5? Which one?
Motherboard: No clue - MINI ITX form factor
GPU: I guess GTX 1660 or RX570
SSD: nvme 500gb
RAM: DDR4 16gb
CASE: no clue --> I want to make sure there will be no cooling / overheat problems
Power Supply: Maybe included in Case?!

Budget ~ 600$

Im looking for a console-like pc.

Any thoughts on how to attack this project?

Greetings from Germany :)

Solution
--> I thought this would be the optimal build, however I got scared about cooling issues and temperature issue
(especially with the Graphics card not being a blower)
Wouldn't have been an issue. The node 202 has large holes for fans where the GPU fans are.

1. Can you give me any recommendations on the missing parts?
  2. Do you think I will be on the safe side with cooling on this build?
  3. Do you think those parts make sense for the H200I case?
H200i can use a full sized ATX PSU, so save yourself some money and buy a Corsair CX550 or TX550M. Either will do fine.
CPU cooler isn't really needed, since the Ryzen 5's stock cooler is actually pretty decent. But getting an aftermarket cooler may make it run...

mini_itx_build

Reputable
Feb 28, 2020
Thanks for the help!

I am currently looking into the parts,

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 done
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 33.84 done
Motherboad:
Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 done

RAM: What do you think about this one? is only 3000 but i guess still fine, 20€ less
https://geizhals.de/g-skill-aegis-dimm-kit-16gb-f4-3000c16d-16gisb-a1474853.html?hloc=at&hloc=de

SSD: Can you explain why you took the Sabrent Rocket 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ?
Any insights on performanc/price, I'd be down to spend that 20€ I saved on the RAM to get a better SSD?

Now the 2 big questions:

Graphics: What alternatives do I have, especially when it comes to heating issues etc. ? Price wise (+- 30€ )

Case: What alternatives do I have, especially when it comes to heating issues etc. ? Price wise (+- 30€ )

Thanks already for the quick help,

I like the system so far,
Solid price / performance tradeoff ( I think enough for CS:GO high fps (200fps on lowest settings) )

Also looking to buy a Gaming Monitor 120hz/144hz around 200€, better if less than that.

Best,

Luca

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor (€136.99 @ Mindfactory)
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard (€111.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory (€79.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Storage: Corsair MP510 480 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive (€79.99 @ Corsair DE)
Video Card: ASRock Radeon RX 570 8 GB Phantom Gaming D Video Card (€151.80 @ Alza)
Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX Mini ITX Tower Case (€59.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Power Supply: SeaSonic S12III 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (€56.98 @ Alternate)
Case Fan: ARCTIC P14 PWM 72.8 CFM 140 mm Fan (€5.99 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Total: €683.54
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-02-28 19:28 CET+0100

Monitor - AOC 24G2U/BK = €190

Last edited:
Reactions: mini_itx_build
Thanks for the help!

I am currently looking into the parts,

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 done
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-L9a-AM4 33.84 done
Motherboad:
Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI Mini ITX AM4 done

RAM: What do you think about this one? is only 3000 but i guess still fine, 20€ less
https://geizhals.de/g-skill-aegis-dimm-kit-16gb-f4-3000c16d-16gisb-a1474853.html?hloc=at&hloc=de

SSD: Can you explain why you took the Sabrent Rocket 512 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ?
Any insights on performanc/price, I'd be down to spend that 20€ I saved on the RAM to get a better SSD?

Now the 2 big questions:

Graphics: What alternatives do I have, especially when it comes to heating issues etc. ? Price wise (+- 30€ )

Case: What alternatives do I have, especially when it comes to heating issues etc. ? Price wise (+- 30€ )

Thanks already for the quick help,

I like the system so far,
Solid price / performance tradeoff ( I think enough for CS:GO high fps (200fps on lowest settings) )

Also looking to buy a Gaming Monitor 120hz/144hz around 200€, better if less than that.

Best,

Luca
3000mhz is fine, you dont loose too much performance (maybe 3fps max).

Sabrent rocket performs the same as a samsung 970 evo, using the same TLC NAND, and also has a dram cache, but is cheaper in price. You shouldnt spend money on a better performing ssd anyways, as the difference in load time is not noticeable and it doesnt make a framerate difference.

You could definitely get the gpu used for much cheaper.

Another alternative for case is the silverstone sg13, but that doesnt include a psu, so I suggest a corsair sf series or evga gm series psu if you do get that. You could also get the node 202 without psu and buy one of the psus I suggested as well. Either case is 10-12 liters, but shaped differently from each other.

Reactions: mini_itx_build

mini_itx_build

Reputable
Feb 28, 2020
Hey guys,

thanks alot for you recommendations!

I am currently looking into the 2 mothersboards:

I like the Asrock ports more, however i heard Gigabyte has a way better Wifi Card (reddit) as I will use Wifi at home.

About the Graphics Card: I like the RX570, what would be alternatives? (Better performance) And how do I decide which RX570 I take (there are so many providers)

Case will be the Node 202, thats exactly what i was looking for.
Do you think the build in powersupply will be enough or should I go for the Case without psu and buy a seperate SFX one that maybe has 100w more?!

Hey guys,

thanks alot for you recommendations!

I am currently looking into the 2 mothersboards:

I like the Asrock ports more, however i heard Gigabyte has a way better Wifi Card (reddit) as I will use Wifi at home.

About the Graphics Card: I like the RX570, what would be alternatives? (Better performance) And how do I decide which RX570 I take (there are so many providers)

Case will be the Node 202, thats exactly what i was looking for.
Do you think the build in powersupply will be enough or should I go for the Case without psu and buy a seperate SFX one that maybe has 100w more?!
Rx570 is really good for the price. You get a bit more performance if you get a 580. Also, you can get them much cheaper used. And its hard to find them new. As for which one to get, I suggest looking up reviews from gamers nexus and hardwareunboxed, but I believe none of them are that bad. I would suggest avoiding XFX though. Theyve made a bad reputation by making bad coolers.

The 450W unit in the node 202 which comes with psu is more than enough for this.

mini_itx_build

Reputable
Feb 28, 2020
Ok guys I am finished with my Build, only thing left is deciding for the right RX580, because i really want to ensure it fits into the Node 202 Case and that Cooling will be enough!!!!!!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9grDn7

This is the build so far without GPU.

My questions:

1. Which rx580 to pick?
  2. CPU Paste? i need to get that aswell right?
  3. The rest is simply plug and play? or do i need to watch anything before i assemble this at home?

(this if my first PC build ever)-

Ok guys I am finished with my Build, only thing left is deciding for the right RX580, because i really want to ensure it fits into the Node 202 Case and that Cooling will be enough!!!!!!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9grDn7

This is the build so far without GPU.

My questions:

1. Which rx580 to pick?
  2. CPU Paste? i need to get that aswell right?
  3. The rest is simply plug and play? or do i need to watch anything before i assemble this at home?
(this if my first PC build ever)-
The node 202 supports cards of dimensions up to 310x145x47mm, so as long as it doesnt exceed one of those limitations, the card will fit. I suggest a sapphire card, or powercolor red dragon.

If you can find one, save yourself a bit of money and just get the version of the node 202 which has a psu. You dont need thermal paste. The cooler cones with some. Rest should be pretty much plug and play, yes.

I wouldn't recommend that monitor since it doesn't have FreeSync.

I'd need to look this up, but is the stock AMD heatsink included with the CPU not fit in the Node 202, or ?
The wraith stealth would fit, but with all the filters and plastic bracket removed and with a couple mm to spare. Removing the frame should decrease height a bit. You can do it, but I'd still suggest getting an NH-L9 since it will keep it quieter than stock (bigger fan doesn't need to run as fast, so it's quieter). Scythe big shuriken 2 or 3 is also another good option, but costs more.

But yes, it is probably possible to use the stock cooler.

mini_itx_build

Reputable
Feb 28, 2020
Ok guys,

after some research I changed my mind about the Build:

Old Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Wmdrp8
--> I thought this would be the optimal build, however I got scared about cooling issues and temperature issue

New Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/T8RgZf
--> I am still missing: CPU Cooler, extra fans for the Case?, Power Supply Unit

Wouldn't have been an issue. The node 202 has large holes for fans where the GPU fans are.

H200i can use a full sized ATX PSU, so save yourself some money and buy a Corsair CX550 or TX550M. Either will do fine.
CPU cooler isn't really needed, since the Ryzen 5's stock cooler is actually pretty decent. But getting an aftermarket cooler may make it run quieter or cooler. If you still have room in your budget, you can get a good aftermarket cooler, like a noctua NH U12S or BeQuiet Dark Rock 4.
Cooling shouldn't be an issue, but if you really want to be safe, you can place a couple fans at the front of the case. The GPU is really close to the PSU shroud, but the PSU shroud does have a lot of holes for air to go through, so it won't be that much of an issue.
Those parts make perfect sense.

Solution

OllympianGamer

Honorable
Dec 22, 2016
Ok guys,

after some research I changed my mind about the Build:

Old Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Wmdrp8

New Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/T8RgZf
--> I am still missing: CPU Cooler, extra fans for the Case?, Power Supply Unit

Theres a shop in Europe called Alza, I went into one in Prague I'm not sure if it's only in the Czech Republic but they might post to Germany and their prices are really cheap, like for instance the asrock b450 i fatality is about 100 euros same as the 2600, that's a big difference from the prices you had in pc part picker.
Just to add, I'd pick up a second hand rx580, I've sold a couple close to the £100 mark, not sure what the second hand market is like in Germany but sure you could find someone in the uk to post one to you.

Reactions: extreme_noob
Theres a shop in Europe called Alza, I went into one in Prague I'm not sure if it's only in the Czech Republic but they might post to Germany and their prices are really cheap, like for instance the asrock b450 i fatality is about 100 euros same as the 2600, that's a big difference from the prices you had in pc part picker.
Just to add, I'd pick up a second hand rx580, I've sold a couple close to the £100 mark, not sure what the second hand market is like in Germany but sure you could find someone in the uk to post one to you.
Sounds like a European Microcenter :p

Reactions: OllympianGamer