[SOLVED] Mini ITX (gaming) Build with budget of 750 chf for my girlfriend

Herr B

Commendable
May 29, 2020
My girlfriend is currently using my old Asus Rog Laptop, which uses pretty much half of her desk and is slowly rising to the eternal hunting grounds.

So better first than sorry, especcially with the current hardware Situation (I waited half a year for my parts) Im starting to build her Birthday (Oktober) / Christmas Gift right now.

The goal is to have a Mini-ITX build with plenty of power for running the recent games on decent settings and framerates in 1080P.
Most played game is currently Escape from tarkov (which is incredibly hungry) Te rest is normal office work and should not be a problem.

Luckylie, I have some parts lying around which I can reuse:
  • RTX 2080,
  • M.2 Harddrive
  • Stracom DA 2

I thought of the following components to buy:
Intel Core i5-11600K (279 chf)
ASUS ROG Strix H470-I Gaming (164 CHF)
Corsair SF 600 (128 CHF)
2 * 8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000 (80 CHF)
Noctua NH-C14S (90 chf)
~ 740 CHF

What do you think? Any suggestions?
The CPU has 14.5 cm headroom for cooling. The noctua is damn close, but fit's. I've done a simmilar build already.

Herr B

Commendable
May 29, 2020
since you write like that, would you recommend something else from the ryzen series? Im not tied to intel cpus. I have a ryzen in my own build and am quite happy with it. I just feel, intel is the better Budget option right now.

Herr B

Commendable
May 29, 2020
Im roaming around digitec. Its like Amazon in switzerland.
https://www.digitec.ch/en/s1/tag/pc-components-76

and yeah, the bad Experience, I get it. My current build was the first build I used an AMD. Pins came bent from the factory.
fortunately enough I was able to fix it.
damaged_pins.png

other than that Im very happy with it.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
With the budget of 750, kind of already have the answer. Only the Ryzen 5600X is going to be any better, and it costs significantly more at 349. Might balance out with a cheaper B450 motherboard (make sure it has USB flashback to update the BIOS to support the new CPU)

That actually applies to the Intel chip as well, CPU is newer than the board.

Also Ryzen likes fast memory, so you would have to go up to 3600Mhz for the best results. Intel it doesn't matter as much for just gaming, might gain a percent or two going from 3000 -> 3200 -> 3600.

Reactions: Herr B

Herr B

Commendable
May 29, 2020
With the budget of 750, kind of already have the answer. Only the Ryzen 5600X is going to be any better, and it costs significantly more at 349. Might balance out with a cheaper B450 motherboard (make sure it has USB flashback to update the BIOS to support the new CPU)

That actually applies to the Intel chip as well, CPU is newer than the board.

Also Ryzen likes fast memory, so you would have to go up to 3600Mhz for the best results. Intel it doesn't matter as much for just gaming, might gain a percent or two going from 3000 -> 3200 -> 3600.
At this stage i'm rather looking to down the Budget than up it. Good point with the USB flashback. that got me quite some times already.

Also there is no motherboard which I found in the budget to support more than 3000 mhz, hence the choince of ram

Herr B

Commendable
May 29, 2020
Mainboard has only very few IO Options (Namely USB Ports) unfortunately. The case only has 1 Front port and no chance for expansion cards.

Memory from my point of view is the same as the Chipset does not support the speed anyways. Except it is 30% more expensive.

The older version of the CPU are a very good catch. I guess Ill stick to the gen 10 version because of the bios issue. I don't think Ill find a Motherboard with usb flashback option at this price point. And I do not have a CPU for socket LGA 1200 at hands.

From experience of previous builds, temperature will not be an issue. The CPU Fan has sirect access to fresh air from outside the case. It litterally goes up up 5mm to the perforated wall.

Last edited: