mini itx motherboard

Daan0413

Reputable
Jul 21, 2015
can i use an asus z97i plus motherboard with my i7-4790k or will i need a better one. i am going to use it for gaming with my msi GTX970 4g gaming

Solution

These all will fit along with ur GPU with about 3 cm to spare, use a good aftermarket cooler to maintain the good airflow.

On "will i need a better one" - If you overclock, you need a Z97 and K-Edition processor, For example:

It's best to get an i5 right now because the next logical improvement over the i5 is not an i7, but whatever Intel releases to replace the i5.(And believe me if you will, this is coming from self experience)

Take the money saved and invest in at least a 120GB SSD for Windows, WoW, and a few other apps and games, if you can. SSD will eliminate loading times in...

Manish Tewari

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014

These all will fit along with ur GPU with about 3 cm to spare, use a good aftermarket cooler to maintain the good airflow.

On "will i need a better one" - If you overclock, you need a Z97 and K-Edition processor, For example:

It's best to get an i5 right now because the next logical improvement over the i5 is not an i7, but whatever Intel releases to replace the i5.(And believe me if you will, this is coming from self experience)

Take the money saved and invest in at least a 120GB SSD for Windows, WoW, and a few other apps and games, if you can. SSD will eliminate loading times in games and make the PC feel much much responsive in general.

You can then pair it with a large HDD to store "My Documents", with video, pictures, music, etc on it. Crucial MX100 has one of the best value SSDs, and Samsung 840 EVO is one of the fastest, most reliable, and easiest to use models.

Solution