[SOLVED] mini ITX pc with single power cable.

Jun 26, 2020
Hello.
im looking to buy a pc after my laptop died. now i want a pc with the same size as a laptop to fit my laptop table.
so i found that there is a thin pc cases that is almost as thick as a laptop but my issue here is this:
i want only one single power cable from the pc to the power outlet. just like a laptop.

is there any monitor that will work from single cable to the pc? (usb-c maybe)

my idea is to position the pc horizontally and put the keyboard above it. and have one cable to the monitor that will also be the power for the monitor.

Thank you all!

Many moons ago, standard desktop computers had PSUs with "slave" output. These years are long gone, so you better find a way to attach small power strip to your table, and find shortest-possible power cables - one for the desktop, one for the monitor. As a "side bonus" - a lot of current computer monitors come with power bricks, not built-in power.

And from their product page:

For sure, there are USB-only powered monitors made for laptops, and if 15.6" is enough for you - go for it.
If you actually read the description you'd have seen it can be powered from USB-C or wall adapter. And no, 32in. is the minimum screen size for me.

EDIT: Looks like I had to reread the OP. Is he asking about a PC or a monitor?

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2020
Hey guys. thank for the replays!
If you haven't tried it before visit this search engine and give it a shot. www.google.com Just type in what you're looking for.

i sure did search before but i'm still not sure if it will work from the usb-c alone. since even i have read that mini-itx motherboard does not support video out from usb-c
that's why i need some confirmation.

and 15 inch is not enough too. i was hoping for something like this
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps0Dn5l88Pg

and i am buying a pc, but i need to know my options on the monitor before i start buying the components.

Hello.
im looking to buy a pc after my laptop died. now i want a pc with the same size as a laptop to fit my laptop table.
so i found that there is a thin pc cases that is almost as thick as a laptop but my issue here is this:
i want only one single power cable from the pc to the power outlet. just like a laptop.

is there any monitor that will work from single cable to the pc? (usb-c maybe)

my idea is to position the pc horizontally and put the keyboard above it. and have one cable to the monitor that will also be the power for the monitor.

Thank you all!

With what you want you may as well buy another laptop or an all-in-one PC. I'm guessing you are after just basic use stuff and not for gaming so an all-in-one PC may actually be OK in your case even though I don't like them myself. Or forget trying to fit a desktop into a small space and just get a normal setup which will open you up to more than a couple of options you can get.

TRENDING THREADS