Mini-ITX simple build won't boot!

douglasrcjames

Reputable
Apr 12, 2015
Howdy,

Build in question: http://pcpartpicker.com/list/kYL6BP
I finished assembling this basic home computer for my friend's mum, and it didn't boot at first, so I assumed it was a bad PSU. Amazon sent one, and I just installed it, and seems to be the same issue. So now I am thinking I need a PSU specific to mini ITX, but after doing a bit of research it seems that as long as the case and motherboard fit, then you should be good. Everything plugged in just fine and the PSU fit in the case perfectly. There doesn't seem to be any power to the motherboard, with no lights or fans spinning. The power button in the front does nothing nor when I short the power pins. Do I have a bad board? Do I need a specific PSU for mini ITX? Do I need a higher wattage PSU? Any ideas?

Thanks y'all

popatim

Titan
You may have a short then.
Pull the motherbd out and test it outside the case; if it now works then examine the case for a misplaced standoff or a total lack of standoffs (there should be four).
If it still doesn't work then disconnect the psu completely and test the psu voltages by inserting a jumper between the lone green wire and one of the adjacent black wires on the 20/24pin.

douglasrcjames

Reputable
Apr 12, 2015

I have all the standoffs installed correctly, but I have a replacement motherboard coming in soon, and will report back if that is the issue!

TRENDING THREADS