Motherboard - MSI MPG X-570 Gaming Edge Wi-Fi
CPU - Ryzen 7 3700x
GPU - MSI RTX 2060 Super 8gb
RAM - 32gb Corsair Vengeance
PSU - Corsair CX750
SSD - Samsung 970 Evo M.2 500gb
no HDD
Case - Corsair iCue 220T

Immediately upon start up of this PC, the entire system mini-freezes maybe 3 times per second - the image, audio, mouse cursor, even the RGB on my keyboard and mouse start mini-freezing all at the same time. When I try to restart the PC while this is happening, it will lag on the restart screen for 5-10 minutes and then BSoD with the stop code: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE... If I try to shut down the PC while this is happening, the PC will stay on, but just the monitor turns off.

All of my drivers are up-to-date and good. downloaded and installed directly from respected websites. I've tried running "sfc /scannow" and everything checks out. I have replaced ALL parts with other test parts EXCEPT the motherboard as I dont have another motherboard to test with. When I boot into safe mode, this issue still happens. This computer is unusable because of this issue. please help! and please tell me I don't have a 2nd defective motherboard! D: (please do if it is) I've already returned one because it wouldn't even post, dont tell me they sent me ANOTHER defective one! :(

Cere

Great
Jun 6, 2020
Sounds like a faulty driver causing the issue. To find out what driver is causing it, you’ll need to look at the windows dump file.

Reactions: Tripzi_420

Lutfij

Titan
Are you on the latest BIOS for your motherboard? Which slot are you populating the SSD? Which version of Windows 10 are you on? 2x16GB sticks or 4x8GB sticks? Which slots are the rams in?

Jun 9, 2020
Are you on the latest BIOS for your motherboard? Which slot are you populating the SSD? Which version of Windows 10 are you on? 2x16GB sticks or 4x8GB sticks? Which slots are the rams in?
I believe I'm running the latest version. How do I check?
I'm populating the SSD with the first slot available. I didn't mention I tried the 2nd as well...
I am running Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS build 18363.836)
I'm running 2x16GB sticks of RAM and I've tried both of them individually. (problem persists)
If my RAM slots were numbered 1-4 left to right, 1 being closest to the CPU, they're in 2 and 4. If I start in any place other than 2, i get an error on start-up to switch them.

Cere

Great
Jun 6, 2020
I believe I'm running the latest version. How do I check?
I'm populating the SSD with the first slot available. I didn't mention I tried the 2nd as well...
I am running Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS build 18363.836)
I'm running 2x16GB sticks of RAM and I've tried both of them individually. (problem persists)
If my RAM slots were numbered 1-4 left to right, 1 being closest to the CPU, they're in 2 and 4. If I start in any place other than 2, i get an error on start-up to switch them.
When you received the motherboard from RMAing the old, did you do a clean install of Windows?

Cere

Great
Jun 6, 2020
I just downloaded the WinDbg tool. I have no idea how to use this. lolz
So, open WinDbg with Administrator rights.
Usually after a crash, WinDbg will see the dump file and give you a prompt in the lower right corners open the dump file.
If that is not there, then:
File > Start Debugging > Open dump file.
Browse to C\Windows\
scroll to bottom and click on “MEMORY.dmp”
Click Open

once opened, click on !analyze -v
If you don’t see a link for !analyze -v, then just type it in execution box.
WinDbg will run the code and when done, you’ll see something like:
Symbol_Name

what does it say under Module_name?
What’s under IMAGE_NAME?
Scroll up a little and what appears under Process_Name?
BUGCHECK_CODE?

in fact, just copy everything it populates and post it here if you would please.

Jun 9, 2020
So, open WinDbg with Administrator rights.
Usually after a crash, WinDbg will see the dump file and give you a prompt in the lower right corners open the dump file.
If that is not there, then:
File > Start Debugging > Open dump file.
Browse to C\Windows\
scroll to bottom and click on “MEMORY.dmp”
Click Open

once opened, click on !analyze -v
If you don’t see a link for !analyze -v, then just type it in execution box.
WinDbg will run the code and when done, you’ll see something like:
Symbol_Name

what does it say under Module_name?
What’s under IMAGE_NAME?
Scroll up a little and what appears under Process_Name?
BUGCHECK_CODE?

in fact, just copy everything it populates and post it here if you would please.
I opened it with Admin rights, it did not detect a crash at all. I opened file > start debugging > open dump file. There is nothing on my computer titled C\Windows\ :( if there is, my PC is stuck on "working on it" and isn't loading it.

Jun 9, 2020
I think i solved the problem with a BIOS update! i did some research on how to do it and i seem to be running flawlessly now with no micro-stuttering immediately on start up!

Reactions: Cere