[SOLVED] Mini tower to Tower

Nov 5, 2021
Hello,

I have a dell optiplex 3060 ssf, I'm thinking of upgrading, but I'm concerned about space issues, I came up with the idea of maybe moving the parts to a standard case.

Could there be complicated problems with this possible change ?, as for example perhaps with the connectors of the power source.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Solution
Could there be complicated problems with this possible change ?
a lot of these Dell pre-builts have proprietary power supplies and/or motherboards.
this means most will not fit correctly in the majority of 3rd party cases.
for example perhaps with the connectors of the power source.
a lot of these proprietary power supplies use non-standard connection to motherboard or other components so even if you could fit it into a new case these also chances it will not be compatible with 3rd party devices.

your best option may be to just keep this as a secondary system and start a total new build.
Could there be complicated problems with this possible change ?
a lot of these Dell pre-builts have proprietary power supplies and/or motherboards.
this means most will not fit correctly in the majority of 3rd party cases.
for example perhaps with the connectors of the power source.
a lot of these proprietary power supplies use non-standard connection to motherboard or other components so even if you could fit it into a new case these also chances it will not be compatible with 3rd party devices.

your best option may be to just keep this as a secondary system and start a total new build.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS