Question MiniDisplay port to Hdmi input?

BillTheEasyWay

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
So I have this simple question. Is there an adaptor than can turn my laptop's minidplay port to hdmi input? I know there are adaptors to hdmi output but I have found nothing about hdmi input (so I can turn my laptop's screen to a monitor)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Not sure what you're asking. Do you want an external monitor via DP to Hdmi or use laptop's screen as a display from an external device?

If the latter, no. But is possible to outsource video from DP to Hdmi external display. See display guide in my sig for further details.

BillTheEasyWay

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
Not sure what you're asking. Do you want an external monitor via DP to Hdmi or use laptop's screen as a display from an external device?

If the latter, no. But is possible to outsource video from DP to Hdmi external display. See display guide in my sig for further details.

Thank you for replying so quickly. Yes I meant that I want to use my laptop's screen as a display for my ps3.I know you can get a capture card for this purpose but they are expensive, I was hoping although I do not have a hdmi input port I could somehow 'make' one by buying an adaptor for my minidysplay port. Regardless thank you for your answer.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Capture card would be best in this instance but processing lag may not be in your favour. Laptop video ports are usually outputs unless specified otherwise but tbh have never known any models that could.

Maybe look for a second hand monitor, just a thought.