[SOLVED] Minidump help - minidump after PC freeze, audio glitch and restart itself

TBlazeWarriorT

Prominent
Jun 11, 2020
Hello, I'd greatly appreciate if someone could help me read and understand a .dmp minidump I got. I have zero experience with this so it'd help a lot.

I've been having waves of BSOD's/WHEAs since I built this pc. The PC goes fine for a few months then randomly starts BSODing, and my windows got corrupted once. I posted about it here previously, but never managed to figure out what's happening, just temporarily avoid the issue by using old drivers, reinstalling windows, uninstalling a few programs and drivers, getting rid of my 2nd monitor (not 100% sure which of all that "solved" it).

Yesterday I was playing and my sound got suck making those glitch noises, my pc froze, and restarted itself before even getting to a bluescreen, and generated the minidump above. Any info is appreciated, because not trusting my pc for years has been a nightmare and I hope this minidump tells me what pc part is causing it, since WHEAs usually don't. I can give more info if needed, and info about my previous issues are on my previous thread. Right now I'm more focused on this minidump because it is my best clue. Thank you in advance.

Solution
PC Specs: i5 9400f,
Gigabyte B365M DS3H,
HyperX 2666MHz 2x8GB,
1TB SX6000 SSD,
Redragon RGPS 600W PSU,
2-fan Zotac RTX 2060,
Nox Hummer MC Pro case

0 errors on 2 full "memtest" passes via usb stick
was that 4 tests each time or just 2 total times?

it could still be the PSU as Lutfi suggested

I will ask a friend to convert dumps but often WHEA results don't tell me a lot. It will show what drivers were running, sometimes WHEA errors can be drivers.

or are you saying this wasn't a whea error? guess I will find out

Colif

Win 11 Master
Gigabyte B365M DS3H,
HyperX 2666MHz 2x8GB,
1TB SX6000 SSD,
Redragon RGPS 600W PSU,
2-fan Zotac RTX 2060,
Nox Hummer MC Pro case

I will ask a friend to convert dumps but often WHEA results don't tell me a lot. It will show what drivers were running, sometimes WHEA errors can be drivers.

or are you saying this wasn't a whea error? guess I will find out

Solution

TBlazeWarriorT

Prominent
Jun 11, 2020
Gigabyte B365M DS3H,
HyperX 2666MHz 2x8GB,
1TB SX6000 SSD,
Redragon RGPS 600W PSU,
2-fan Zotac RTX 2060,
Nox Hummer MC Pro case

I don't remember exactly, but I remember I ran it for a total of 1 hour or 2 and it was until the start fully restarted and basically started looping

Is there a good way to test my PSU? I don't have a spare one nor cannot replace it easily

This minidump might or might not be a WHEA, because my pc didn't even get to the bluescreen, it just went straight to a restart (from visually frozen to motherboard posting screen).
But I'd greatly appreciate the dump conversion anyways, thanks in advance.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I would run memtest at least 4 times, we used to ask people to run it 8 passes but the free version doesn't let you anymore
Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

PSU
only ways to test PSU are:
the paper clip method - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/what-is-the-paperclip-method-of-testing-a-psu.1336402/

or multimeter - probably most accurate method,

or in the BIOS to check the +3.3V, +5V, and +12V. - https://www.lifewire.com/power-supply-voltage-tolerances-2624583

gardenman

Splendid
Hi, I ran the dump file through the debugger and got the following information: https://jsfiddle.net/0m3wxjtb/show This link is for anyone wanting to help. You do not have to view it. It is safe to "run the fiddle" as the page asks.

File information:010322-9343-01.dmp (Jan 3 2022 - 19:08:07)
Bugcheck:DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (D1)
Driver warnings:*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by:memory_corruption (Process: SoTGame.exe)
Uptime:16 Day(s), 6 Hour(s), 13 Min(s), and 27 Sec(s)

The nvlddmkm.sys file is a NVIDIA graphics card driver. There are a few things you can do to fix this problem. First off, try a full uninstall using DDU in Safe Mode then re-install the driver (more information). Or try getting the latest version of the driver. Or try one of the 3 most recent drivers released by NVIDIA. Drivers can be found here: http://www.nvidia.com/ or you can allow Windows Update to download the driver for you, which might be a older/better version.

Possible Motherboard page: https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B365M-DS3H-rev-10
There is a security related BIOS update available for your system. Wait for additional information before deciding to update or not. Important: Verify that I have linked to the correct motherboard. Updating your BIOS can be risky. Never try it when you might lose power (lightning storms, recent power outages, etc).

This information can be used by others to help you. Someone else will post with more information. Please wait for additional answers. Good luck.

Colif

Win 11 Master
thats odd, you on latest drivers, would expect a 2060 to work with them.
run ddu as suggested above and instead of getting drivers from Nvidia, run windows update and let it find older Nvidia drivers that are more stable