Minigames you'd like to see

Yes, I'm alive. Shock, horror, etc.

Pokémon started out as, basically, the battle engine and an excuse to
run it. There was a slot machine minigame, and you could count the
Safari Zone as separate from the normal battles, but that was pretty
much it.

A lot has changed since those days. We have the normal battles in two
slightly different flavors, the slots, the roulette wheels, two
different Safari Zones, contests, Berry Blender, and a couple of
multiplayer minigames.

It doesn't look like the minigames are going anywhere. So the question
is, what sort of *new* minigames would you like to see?

Personally, I'd be interested in seeing a multiplayer bike race.
There's already a single player version in the form of the R/S Cycling
Road time trials, and the code already exists for having two games keep
track of each others' players running around (c'mon, don't tell me
you've never played tag in the Cable Club), so it seems like an obvious
way to go--in fact, now that I think about it, I'm a little surprised
they didn't work it into R/S.

-Andrusi &&
Sanity not included.

"Chet Weaver - Probably Getting What I Paid For" <ZeroOhki@netscape.net> wrote
in message news:426541e4@news.usenetzone.com...
> Andrusi wrote:
>
>> It doesn't look like the minigames are going anywhere. So the question
>> is, what sort of *new* minigames would you like to see?
>>
> I don't know if this'd count as a minigame, but...
>
> What if you could go in a multiplayer doubles match against a wild Pokemon?
> There would have to be some restrictions, of course:
> 1) A level cap for player Pokemon
> 2) The wild Pokemon would have to be a significant level to challenge two
> trainers at once
> 3) The wild Pokemon would have to be either really hard to find in the game
> or only catchable in this sort of battle
>
> The players can tag-team the Pokemon all they want, but only one of them can
> catch it in the end. If they're feeling particularly vindictive, one player
> could intentionally knock out the Pokemon to keep the other from having it.

I like this idea! Any pokemon at random, 2 vs. 1, with the one having the
level advantage... And go for the gusto with celebrity battles (no catching)
such as fighting against the Legendaries or <gasp> Mewtwo! That'd be pretty
sweet right there.
--
fluxxdog
www.bellsouthpwp.net/f/l/fluxxdog