Feb 18, 2021
Hello guys,
my new PC isn’t working and i’ve build it with it’s minimal components.
Right now it is:

a Ryzen 5 3600 plus boxed Fan, both connected to 4 Pin Power for the cpu and cpu fan pins

a GTX 1060 6GB (Which is needed since there is no graphic engine on the cpu) connected to 6 pin vga cable

a B450M Pro Max (So the ryzen 3rd gen gets supported out of the box) connected with atx cable

1x8GB DDR4 Ram and the
Power Supply, a 500W be quiet 11.

All needed connectors are plugged in the right way and the pc starts (all fans working, LED of the case too) tho I don’t receive any bios setup or any signal at all.
The pc is plugged in from graphics card to Monitor via Displayport, but I have tried HDMI and a different Monitor too.

I have done the following things to get a solution, yet waiting for one to be successful:
-Swapped the Graphics Card
-Bios Reset
-Changed the one Ram with the other ( i got 2x8Gb)
-Send in the cpu and received another one
-Send in the Mainboard and received another one

So for me the only possible option would be that the RAM is defect or there is some problem with the power supply (?)

Ralston18

Titan
Does the following link present the User Manual applicable to your motherboard?

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7B85v1.4.pdf

[Verify that I matched correctly.]

Double check all components (supported), all physical connections (installed - fully and firmly connected), and any related or applicable configuration settings.

No one wants to force a connection with any build. However, new builds may appear and feel connected when that is actually not the case.

Carefully plug and unplug all connections to ensure that they fully connected. Do much the same with installed cards and RAM.

What about EZ-Debug LED's per physically numbered Page 42 in the User Manual?

Are you able to go into BIOS per physically numbered Page 43?

Check the Troubleshooting procedures per physically numbered Page 106.

Feb 18, 2021
Does the following link present the User Manual applicable to your motherboard?

https://download.msi.com/archive/mnu_exe/mb/E7B85v1.4.pdf

[Verify that I matched correctly.]

Double check all components (supported), all physical connections (installed - fully and firmly connected), and any related or applicable configuration settings.

No one wants to force a connection with any build. However, new builds may appear and feel connected when that is actually not the case.

Carefully plug and unplug all connections to ensure that they fully connected. Do much the same with installed cards and RAM.

What about EZ-Debug LED's per physically numbered Page 42 in the User Manual?

Are you able to go into BIOS per physically numbered Page 43?

Check the Troubleshooting procedures per physically numbered Page 106.

Not the exact version of the Motherboard, but the manual is applicable, yes.

As of now i have Re-Connected everything at least 15+ plus times in the last 2 weeks, i doubt it still is at fault, i assured so by double checking every mechanism of every cable

The EZ Debug is not showing any glowing LED

I am unable to enter the BIOS due to not having any monitor response at all, i can not see when i have to press the needed Key and if it would work because there is no booting sequence appearing on my screen.

All methods of the troubleshooting page that I can do have been tried, yet unsuccessful. I don’t have a beeper unfortunately to the audio response solution is not doable

Ralston18

Titan
Reading back and looking at the GPU:

https://www.nvidia.com/content/geforce-gtx/GTX_1060_User_Guide.pdf

Correct?

From Page 10:

"GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card requires one 6-pin PCI Express power plugs from the system power supply"

What cable are you using to connect GPU to power? Source of that cable?

What specific end to end connection did you make?

Do you have another known working cable to swap in?

Feb 18, 2021
Reading back and looking at the GPU:

https://www.nvidia.com/content/geforce-gtx/GTX_1060_User_Guide.pdf

Correct?

From Page 10:

"GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card requires one 6-pin PCI Express power plugs from the system power supply"

What cable are you using to connect GPU to power? Source of that cable?

What specific end to end connection did you make?

Do you have another known working cable to swap in?

My Power Supply, the Be quiet pure power 11 has a 6+2 Pin PCI-Exprwas Cable, so i am using the 6 Pins of this, which worked perfectly before. End to end connection is from Pcie connection of the psu to the pcie connector of the gpu