Minimize Tooltip STUCK

markaabo

Reputable
Apr 27, 2016
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p1pztyftwxeojnd/minimize.JPG?dl=0

as you can see on the picture i have a tooltip stuck over literally anything which doesn't run in fullscreen... it keeps popping up, ALWAYS in the same place the exact same place....

i have tried closing all programs, restarting the pc does help sometimes but it pops up again after some random time always, if i run CCleaner it goes away almost every time not always... i have had this problem for MONTHS...

Solution

There are 3 different solutions on that article, I don't know if you tried them all.

I had that issue years ago and I thought it was the Windows Tooltips, but was not. It was a program I installed and after uninstalling it, the annoying 'minimize' popup went away
Windows Tooltip can be disabled if you uncheck 'Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items' in a Folder Option.
It can also be disabled by modifying a Registry key value...

markaabo

Reputable
Apr 27, 2016

i have tried googling it... i found the exact same article but it doesn't work, i also found some other stuff that didn't work which is why i posted here... its so f'ing annoying as im writing this the tooltip is still there....

markaabo

Reputable
Apr 27, 2016

just tried it and restarted the pc with tooltips off... it popped up again after maybe 5 to 10 min, it didn't work to turn them off...

There are 3 different solutions on that article, I don't know if you tried them all.

I had that issue years ago and I thought it was the Windows Tooltips, but was not. It was a program I installed and after uninstalling it, the annoying 'minimize' popup went away
Windows Tooltip can be disabled if you uncheck 'Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items' in a Folder Option.
It can also be disabled by modifying a Registry key value.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced.
Find 'ShowInfotip' and double click on preference an change its value to 0.. Reboot.

Solution

markaabo

Reputable
Apr 27, 2016

Hello again, sorry for the very late reply, i tried the stuff you said it didn't work, BUT i found the program doing it its Nicehash bitcoin miner 2 i found out it only was there when i had my miner minimized so i have contacted them about the issue, thanks anyway!