Minimum graphics requirement for 1080p 60 fps screen recording

Dec 11, 2018
I use an Intel Xeon CPU E5-1620 0 @ 3.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.6GHz and a NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 with 10GB of RAM, is this good enough for 1080p60fps recording? And if not, what upgrades should I make?

Well, what kind of recording are you doing? For just recording windows or small 2d browser games then it should be enough.

We need to know what you want to record, 1080p 60fps can be a bit hard to handle on some demanding games as you will have to increase the bit rate higher than 30fps to avoid a pixelated mess on fast paced games like racing which can directly affect HDD and CPU utilization can result in low fps.

If you are playing games that are a bit demanding that system may struggle a bit, I would recommend you upgrade the GPU to at least a GTX 1050 to use Nvidia Shadowplay or Share Feature, it can be used in OBS and many other programs, its called NVENC encoder which would hardly hurt performance at a vary good bit rate. x264 puts all the load on the CPU and while your CPU is still decent, you will sett a bit of a slow down naturally. Your GT1030 does not support NVENC. It has to be a GTX or RTX and has to be newer than the GTX 650.

Or if you are happy with the performance of your GT1030, you can get a GTX 750ti for pretty cheap these days used, it will outperform the GT1030 and you have the option for NVENC/Shadowplay.