Minimum settings for a cpu ran secondary screen

Sep 29, 2018
i use a decent system i7700k 1080ti 16gb ram and ssd's but i like to stream (no streaming pc) my 1080ti does all the encoding works fine for me but i want to have my secondary less than 720p screen on, i have the stting on in my bios and i want to run it off my cpu because when it is on my gpu it causes my main screen (144hz) to be locked at 60 because the smaller one is 60 (its a tv)
what intel hd settings could i lower so it doesnt use alot of my cpu from games,
any suggestions?

Solution

Like I said, many, but not all BIOS systems will prevent this. And those that allow it, you NEED to watch for driver conflicts, as running two different video chipsets at the same time can cause conflicts when performing...
Sep 29, 2018

Are you sure having an dedicated GPU installed doesn't automatically disable your on-board GPU? A lot of systems won't let you use on-board and dedicated GPUs at the same time. Even if it did, this could cause driver conflicts, and all sorts of other issues.

Also note, that while you may have a GPU built into your CPU, it is still a GPU, and still cannot usually be run safely at the same time as a dedicated GPU.

Sep 29, 2018
im able to in my motherboard bios enable dual grpahics using cpu and gpu, its just when its on i lose about 30% performance on my cpu and that affects my game performance alot, when active i have nvidea and intel hd graphics intels only shows when i turn the screen on if i have it off its like i dont have it hooked up at all which is nice for performance but i want a second screen, i would get a second cheap gpu but my pci express lanes would be slowed down alot as my 1080ti cant really share well with this board

Sep 29, 2018

Like I said, many, but not all BIOS systems will prevent this. And those that allow it, you NEED to watch for driver conflicts, as running two different video chipsets at the same time can cause conflicts when performing certain activities, especially if the two different drivers try to handle the same task at the same time, and are not designed to run simultaneously with another graphics driver. However, there are some out there that can do it.

Another option is if your 1080ti supports SLI, getting a second identical GPU. That would allow the two GPUs to load share, which will help with the performance drop, but will still cause both screens to be locked to a maximum refresh or fps rate of the lowest rate monitor, meaning you would not see as much of a performance drop, but you would still be locked to 60 fps when using both screens. That is why most who want a high performance multi-screen setup will use the same monitor model (or high end TV model) for all screens in the setup... so they don't get locked to a lower refresh rate then their best screen can handle.

Solution