[SOLVED] Mining Graphics card

matua2

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019
found a used gtx 1080ti that was used for mining for around 6 months, then used for gaming for a year, should i trust it or not buy it?

Solution
It might be fine, but may not be able to overclock much. It may also blue screen on you. You never really know until you use it on various high demanding games.

I have a 1080 Ti and I mined crypto with it for 3-4 months, and it will blue screen if I overclock it even a little bit and try to play The Division 2. I bought the 10 year warranty on it though (EVGA).

I'd probably rather buy a new RTX 2070 Super or something, maybe even an RX 5700 XT.
It might be fine, but may not be able to overclock much. It may also blue screen on you. You never really know until you use it on various high demanding games.

I have a 1080 Ti and I mined crypto with it for 3-4 months, and it will blue screen if I overclock it even a little bit and try to play The Division 2. I bought the 10 year warranty on it though (EVGA).

I'd probably rather buy a new RTX 2070 Super or something, maybe even an RX 5700 XT.

Solution

matua2

Reputable
Apr 10, 2019

I have a 1080 Ti and I mined crypto with it for 3-4 months, and it will blue screen if I overclock it even a little bit and try to play The Division 2. I bought the 10 year warranty on it though.

i'm not looking to overclock the 1080ti is strong enough for what i want to do but i can't find a 2070 super or a rx 5700xt for the same price as the 1080ti, the 1080ti is worth $400 here