[SOLVED] Mining pc crashes on startup

Sep 15, 2019
So i got 9 gpus and made a mining rig with a h110 pro btc plus, 4 gb of ram and 3 server mining power supplies and a normal 800w power supply, i updated all drivers and done a bios update. When i start claymore the pc crashes without any bluescreen or other indicator but when i disable the gpus in device manager and enable them back they go to work with no problem.. Anyone got an idea why ?

Solution
Not familiar (full disclosure) with the hardware specifics of your rig.

However what caught my attention was that the system crashes at startup unless you enable the gpu's one by one - is that correct?

One normal (make and model, age, condition ?) 800 watt PSU plus 3 mining power supplies - what wattage(s) are the mining power supplies.

My thought is that the initial power draw is too much for the psu(s) and the rig "trips off".

Enabling the gpus one by one avoids the sudden power draw because the rest of the components are up and running already.

Take a closer look at the power demands. Especially when everything is starting at once.

Ralston18

Titan
Not familiar (full disclosure) with the hardware specifics of your rig.

However what caught my attention was that the system crashes at startup unless you enable the gpu's one by one - is that correct?

One normal (make and model, age, condition ?) 800 watt PSU plus 3 mining power supplies - what wattage(s) are the mining power supplies.

My thought is that the initial power draw is too much for the psu(s) and the rig "trips off".

Enabling the gpus one by one avoids the sudden power draw because the rest of the components are up and running already.

Take a closer look at the power demands. Especially when everything is starting at once.

Reactions: Vlad13
Solution
Sep 15, 2019
So the mining power supplies are 800w powering 3 gpus with risers. The thing is that i disable/enable them in device manager and after that they work fine..

Ralston18

Titan
Is the computer set up so you can do the initial boot/startup with just one enabled, then two, and finally three?

Maybe there will be no initial crash if only one is enabled, but the crashing will return if there are two enabled.

Or perhaps the same with two initially enabled but crashes at three.

Objective being to determine if the problem is indeed power related during initial startup.