Question Mining rig won't start with Asus Strix RX 570 installed ?

unubunnnn

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
Hi guys, first of all thank you for taking your to read this.

My issue is pretty weird, I recently purchased a ASUS B250 Mining Expert, and I have 7 video cards, 4x MSI Radeon™ RX 470 GAMING X and 3x ASUS STRIX 570 4GB.

The rig works perfectly fine with the RX 470 cards ( only 3, because i think i somehow broke one card :( ) but whenever I plug in the RX 570, it just won't boot, won't post, the fans will just slowly spin (both the CPU and the GPU fans).

Also tried with only one card, still nothing.
Also tried plugging the card dirrectly into the PCIE and powered it via the PC PSU (750W Njoy), still nothing.

Risers work perfectly fine, tested a lot of them.

I am using a Server PSU for the external video cards.

Thanks a lot,
GettoDacul.

Ralston18

Titan
Two likely issues:

1) Insufficient power.

Total up the power demands of the mining rig and compare that total to the wattage(s) available via the two PSUs. Njoy being 750 watts, Server PSU = ?

Quality of PSU's matter. They may actually not be able to provide the sustained high wattage requirements of seven (or six) GPUs plus the other system components.

2) Power connections:

Improper or mis- connected cables. Faulty power cable, connector, splitter, etc..

Double check GPU installations and connections via the Motherboard's User Guide/Manual.

unubunnnn

Reputable
Dec 22, 2016
Two likely issues:

1) Insufficient power.

Total up the power demands of the mining rig and compare that total to the wattage(s) available via the two PSUs. Njoy being 750 watts, Server PSU = ?

Quality of PSU's matter. They may actually not be able to provide the sustained high wattage requirements of seven (or six) GPUs plus the other system components.

2) Power connections:

Improper or mis- connected cables. Faulty power cable, connector, splitter, etc..

Double check GPU installations and connections via the Motherboard's User Guide/Manual.
Thank you for the reply.

However, I doubt that the PSU can be the issue, because i tried to start my maching only with one RX 570, and that still did not work.

Tried it via risers powered by the Server PSU (1400W) and also on the PCIe slot powered by the Njoy PSU.