[SOLVED] Mining: Risks, Dangers And How To Optimize Revenues ?

Mar 15, 2022
Hello I wanted to start mining with my new computer and I have a couple of doubts I would appreciate your help. It is a computer built by the guy at the store where I bought the computer. I give you the data of the computer that I found in system information:

Processor amd athlon 3000g With radeon vega graphics 4 CPUs 3.5GHz. 8192 MBRAM. 480gb hard drive 2
Name AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 3 Graphics
Adapter RAM (2,147,483,648) bytes

Any advice on how to optimize mining? Is it risky to mine with this computer? I understand that it is not recommended to mine with computers that are not powerful enough. It could damage the computer in the short term or even already the first week if I start mining? I also think there are risks of viruses?

Solution
Just put into Google "cryptocurrency mining guide" and read all about it.
E.g: https://geekflare.com/finance/cryptocurrency-mining-for-beginners/

I understand that it is not recommended to mine with computers that are not powerful enough.

That recommendation is due to the time, it takes for weak PC to complete the hash calculations. If you have 200-300 years to wait, until your PC finally gets 1 coin mined (working 24/7, while connected to the internet all that time), then sure, you can use your PC for mining. But as it stands now, your PC is way too low spec for mining. Electricity bill, to run your PC 24/7, will far outweigh any mining "profits", you may get.

In a similar example:
What you have, is flower pot with...

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Just put into Google "cryptocurrency mining guide" and read all about it.
E.g: https://geekflare.com/finance/cryptocurrency-mining-for-beginners/

I understand that it is not recommended to mine with computers that are not powerful enough.

That recommendation is due to the time, it takes for weak PC to complete the hash calculations. If you have 200-300 years to wait, until your PC finally gets 1 coin mined (working 24/7, while connected to the internet all that time), then sure, you can use your PC for mining. But as it stands now, your PC is way too low spec for mining. Electricity bill, to run your PC 24/7, will far outweigh any mining "profits", you may get.

In a similar example:
What you have, is flower pot with some dirt in it, and what you're looking for, is competing with farmers with thousands of acres of land, in hopes to make a profit in growing food. That's how weak your PC is.

Reactions: Ralston18
Solution