Question Something is suspicios in my pc

Jan 9, 2020
Today my gpu started in idle to have 55 degrees celsis witch isnt normal it should have 42-43 his mem clock is at max 4006mhz(default by msi after burner)and gpu clock is 1536mhz wihout turbo at 1750mhz, i have lag in browsering,gaming should i be worried of a mining virus?
I looked on youtube to se and often i see and aplicatin in background with task manager in video but when i open it i dont see any app and my chrome i opened 1 file and runs 9 more in background.
Any help?
And sorry for english.
If i entered the wrong category tell me.

Jan 9, 2020
Could i have an mining virus if my gpu in idle has temp 57 celsius instead of 43 and memory clock 4006mhz and gpu clock 1536 without boost(both default by msi afterburner)
And my gpu is gtx 1070 aero not itx oc 8gb.
Im running now an scan and in task manager i dont see any suspicios action that consume my gpu/cpu only antivirus windows defender is consuming cpu and i have 1 file of chrome opened but in background in task manager i have 9 more?
Please Help Me!

Ok so first of all what are the other items running in the background. Are their any items you don't recognise.
Look in add/remove and start menu for items you don't recognise.
With regards to defender I don't have it running in background because as you say it does consume a lot of power , I run a scan once a week. Even with a powerful pc the full scan time can increase greatly if you are doing other things at the same time. What other anti virus do you use.
Try out Malwarebytes , you get 1 week premium before it goes to free version.

Have you used malwarebytes before. The reason I ask this is because you may not be fully aware of how Malwarebytes works. Infections of any kind can be made up of many segments , if you clicked on anything it found before quarantining and deleting you might have seen it say something like joe bloggs pup 5 , this means that joe bloggs pup is made up of 5 segments.
This is the important bit.... Malwarebytes is one of the best programs around but it cant always get rid of all segments of something on the first scan/quarantine/delete. You must do repeated scans till it finds nothing.
Also try adwcleaner by the same company

Jan 9, 2020
So, i installed malyarebytes but it detected something else, i removed that threats but my gpu is still runing same temp mem clock gpu clock and i did 3-5 scans with him in a row with rootkit setting enabled and still nothing
And i see some app named lighting service

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Per @MJSWARLORD learn more about what is running in the background.

You can also learn more details about what your system doing via Resource Monitor, Process Explorer, and Process Monitor.

Process Explorer and Process Monitor are free tools and should be downloaded via Microsoft's website.

Jan 9, 2020
And my cpu is intel celeron g3930 i know that will extremely bottleneck the gpu but i dont use for intensive hight gaming i use for light gaming and older games