minor artifact

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

Hi

there is a minor artifact calld
Book of infinite spells which vanishes after after the last page is
turned
(and pages turn by chance , no matter what precaution you take )
but there is also the spell instant summons that can sumon something
even from another plane
should this spell also work on the book ?
would that book get to powerfull a posession thereby (you can flip
through and find the without loosing it )

?
Kichumen
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

In article <5c1d0221.0503180113.7b1809ac@posting.google.com>,
Kichumen <sparrer_j@gmx.de> wrote:
>Hi
>
>there is a minor artifact calld
>Book of infinite spells which vanishes after after the last page is
>turned
>(and pages turn by chance , no matter what precaution you take )

If it does what it says on the tin it may take rather a long time
to get to the last page!

>but there is also the spell instant summons that can sumon something
>even from another plane
>should this spell also work on the book ?

From the Spell description

If the item is in the possession of another creature, the spell does not work,
but you know who the possessor is and roughly where that creature is located
when the summons occurs.

Rule the book always vanishes into the possession of a new owner

Also rule there are about 20 powerful mages who all had the same idea
and are now chasing the book round the multiverse:->

>would that book get to powerfull a posession thereby (you can flip
>through and find the without loosing it )
>
>?
>Kichumen


--
Michael
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
NPC rights activist | Nameless Abominations are people too.
 

Mouse

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2003
101
0
18,680
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 12:31:18 +0000 (UTC), mlush@hgmp.mrc.ac.uk (Mr.
M.J. Lush) raised a finger to the sky and proclaimed:

>Also rule there are about 20 powerful mages who all had the same idea
>and are now chasing the book round the multiverse:->

How do you think Mind Blank first got invented? :)

--
Either way, I hate you Count Chocula, if I didn't already.
- Drifter Bob, rec.games.frp.dnd
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: rec.games.frp.dnd (More info?)

On 18 Mar 2005 01:13:03 -0800, sparrer_j@gmx.de (Kichumen) wrote:

>Hi
>
>there is a minor artifact calld
>Book of infinite spells which vanishes after after the last page is
>turned
>(and pages turn by chance , no matter what precaution you take )
>but there is also the spell instant summons that can sumon something
>even from another plane
>should this spell also work on the book ?
>would that book get to powerfull a posession thereby (you can flip
>through and find the without loosing it )

It's an artifact. By hallowed tradition, all bets are off when it comes to
artifacts. It might work, or it might not, depending on the phase of the
moon and how much beer the DM's drunk that night.


--
Hong Ooi | "COUNTERSRTIKE IS AN REAL-TIME
hong@zipworld.com.au | STRATEGY GAME!!!"
http://www.zipworld.com.au/~hong/dnd/ | -- RR
Sydney, Australia |