Minor PSU buzzing.

Wiltzz

Honorable
May 28, 2017
Hi guys. I have recently noticed a minor buzzing coming from my power supply. I bought the power supply in mid November, and have been hearing a small buzz, that I easily tune out. I didn't think of it much, until I heard that this may lead to serious problems. Many people have mixed responses on this, so it is hard to find a clear answer. So, I would like to know if there is something wrong with my power supply, and I should send it back immediately, or is this just some minor coil whine. I know it's not any other component, as it becomes slightly more audible as I get closer to the psu. I also know it isn't the fan, because I'm using an EVGA Supernova G2, which has eco mode, where the fan can be disabled.

Here is a link to the sound in case you were curious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6wM8TD7yls (The sound may be amplified by your speakers, again, it's very minor, almost unnoticeable, but the sound does exist)

Dec 8, 2017
Might be the vibration
Try rubber absorbers and see if it works
Might also be due to not being grounded (standard power cables are grounded but might not be enough)
Also try a surge protector

Wiltzz

Honorable
May 28, 2017

Well, I'm using a surge protector, with an led that say protected. It might be vibration, I'll buy some rubber absorber and update with my results then. Thanks for the help!

Latest posts