Question Miracast xbox one x hell

shemsureshot

Honorable
May 26, 2013
Hi,

I’m trying to set up miracast from my pc to xbox one x. I have got as far to display my desktop on the xbox one and am able to move the black mouse pointer around but that is all I can do. I cannot open any apps or interact with anything on the xbox screen. I have tried ticking the box on the pc to enable keyboards, pens etc but when I do this is completely disables the controller, the the point there is no mouse pointer anymore.

Ive tried restarting the process several times but all I can do is get as far as having the xbox display the desktop with a mouse pointer enabled on the right analog stick and nothing else. I’ve tried pressing every button on the xbox controller and nothing else happens.

Any help would be appreciated.

miracast is not designed to control a device. it is simply a way to mirror a screen from one place to another. that is why it does not work.

you have to still control the pc itself through a wireless mouse/keyboard or whatever you wish to use. the screen you see will simply be copied to your tv from the pc and that's it

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS.

And remember that within Windows 10 (if applicable) there are Xbox and Gaming control configuration settings via "WIN" + "I" > Gaming.

Moving post to PC Gaming

shemsureshot

Honorable
May 26, 2013
Update: I just solved it, my pc was extending the display to the xbox and that stops everything from working for some reason. When I switched to duplicate display the A button worked as left click.

I was under the impression you could play pc games when miracasting to the xbox one but it seems the controller doesn’t work as a controller on the xbox which is really silly. Is there a way to use the xbox controller as a controller when streaming games from the pc to xbox one x?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS