Mirage Illusionist 32MB

G

Has anyone heard of the Mirage Illusionist 32MB video card? Their website is www.mirage-mmc.com

I have a monitor (Sony GDM-20D11) that doesn't show MS-DOS, Safe-Mode, or my Bios Setup screen unless I use this video card.

Now, I have an ATI Rage Furry Maxx 64MB.

Any Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Ben

G

I just want to know how good it is comnpared to my ATI Rage Furry Maxx (64MB). I really don;t want to by a new video card just to support my monitor, but if the card that I had to get was at least comparible to mine now, I would think about it.

Do you know of any other video cards that support the sync-on green signals (Composite sync)-which is what the monitor requires to function with MS-DOS and SAfe Mode.

Thanks

Ben

Ncogneto

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Well, I do not have a rae fury max myself. the mirage illusionist is built on the s3 savage 4 chipset and will perform accordingly. It is the fastest card available for fixed frequency monitors. I do not beleive that your max will sync your monitor until you boot into windows is this correct? I have played around with several ati cards with this before ( not however the max but the max is nothing more than two rage chipsets running together). The mirage will allow you to se evertything right from the bios post. I currently have a sun gdm-20d10 myself.

A little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing!