Jan 19, 2021
Specs-
3600x
b450m gaming k4 fatali1ty
RXT 2060
Nuvoton NCT6779D
Hyperx furt 2400mhz ddr4 8gb x2
Apacer AS350 480GB
(I have decent cooling and my temperatures seem to be well within proper operating temaptures)
so about 3 months ago i ordered this cpu and another stick of ram and had it put in. The drive had a backup of the old operating system stuff from the last and it was working fine for a few days but i had to delete it to install games. i turned it off one night and when it was back on it was casuing little stutters sometimes even on desktop and pretty much everygame, REALLY does not like it when i load arma like alot of mods.
Things i have tried
-Bios updated (REquires it for it to run on my board)
-windows reinstalled
-drivers uninstalled and reinstalled including all the amd chipset and gpu drivers
- the large majority of the little powermode/game mode and stupid window 10 "features"
im about to send the cpu back for warranty and rebuild the system with a new mobo and psu. or just bring it into the shop
Let me know if there is any tools i could use to try to solve the problem or any help or advice. I could possibley post a video of it if need be.

Solution
This is safe correct? Could you link me a short guide/video just so i know im getting the correct information? I'm very nervous about screwing things up more.
Instructions on doing this are in your motherboard manual. One thing to do is get whoever put in your CPU and memory to do it for you if you're not sure of how to do it.

Resetting procedure is basically the same but the pin locations are different on each motherboard: turn power off, disconnect the power plug, open case, find the CMOS reset pins (look in your manual), SHORT the pins with something metal like a screwdriver tip. Hold the short on the pins for a minute or two, then put the cover on, hook up power plug and turn on.
Specs-
3600x
b450m gaming k4 fatali1ty
RXT 2060
Nuvoton NCT6779D
Hyperx furt 2400mhz ddr4 8gb x2
Apacer AS350 480GB
(I have decent cooling and my temperatures seem to be well within proper operating temaptures)
so about 3 months ago i ordered this cpu and another stick of ram and had it put in. The drive had a backup of the old operating system stuff from the last and it was working fine for a few days but i had to delete it to install games. i turned it off one night and when it was back on it was casuing little stutters sometimes even on desktop and pretty much everygame, REALLY does not like it when i load arma like alot of mods.
Things i have tried
-Bios updated (REquires it for it to run on my board)
-windows reinstalled
-drivers uninstalled and reinstalled including all the amd chipset and gpu drivers
- the large majority of the little powermode/game mode and stupid window 10 "features"
im about to send the cpu back for warranty and rebuild the system with a new mobo and psu. or just bring it into the shop
Let me know if there is any tools i could use to try to solve the problem or any help or advice. I could possibley post a video of it if need be.

Did you reset CMOS after updated BIOS?

2400 memory is really quite slow as Ryzen 3000 needs fast memory to shine. You might consider upgrading to 3200 at least while it's still fairly cheap. Get a dual DIMM kit and pick it from the motherboard's QVL web page if you can.

What kind of cooler are you running? The stock cooler is barely adequate; a better after market cooler will reward you almost as well as overclocking because of the way Ryzen works.

Jan 19, 2021
Did you reset CMOS after updated BIOS?

2400 memory is really quite slow as Ryzen 3000 needs fast memory to shine. You might consider upgrading to 3200 at least while it's still fairly cheap. Get a dual DIMM kit and pick it from the motherboard's QVL web page if you can.

What kind of cooler are you running? The stock cooler is barely adequate; a better after market cooler will reward you almost as well as overclocking because of the way Ryzen works.
Wouldnt reseting the CMOS reset the bios to the backup? i tried putting in new memory and setting it to the profile in xmp and "3200" and it wouldnt boot and had to put the orginal ram back in. was told the ram might be faulty but idk.

thanks for your help. im still pretty new to all of this and really confused how it could work fine one day and then the next day i start getting mircostutters.

Wouldnt reseting the CMOS reset the bios to the backup? i tried putting in new memory and setting it to the profile in xmp and "3200" and it wouldnt boot and had to put the orginal ram back in. was told the ram might be faulty but idk.

thanks for your help. im still pretty new to all of this and really confused how it could work fine one day and then the next day i start getting mircostutters.
Resetting CMOS only returns all settings to default values. It does not change the BIOS itself.

Incompatible settings for the old BIOS could be the reason your new 3200 memory did not work and will almost certainly mean the new CPU is improperly configured for proper operation even for the current 2400 memory.

And after resetting the CMOS settings, install the latest AMD chipset drivers. Re-install them even if they were previously installed.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021
Resetting CMOS only returns all settings to default values. It does not change the BIOS itself.

Incompatible settings for the old BIOS could be the reason your new 3200 memory did not work and will almost certainly mean the new CPU is improperly configured for proper operation even for the current 2400 memory.

And after resetting the CMOS settings, install the latest AMD chipset drivers. Re-install them even if they were previously installed.
This is safe correct? Could you link me a short guide/video just so i know im getting the correct information? I'm very nervous about screwing things up more.

Instructions on doing this are in your motherboard manual. One thing to do is get whoever put in your CPU and memory to do it for you if you're not sure of how to do it.

Resetting procedure is basically the same but the pin locations are different on each motherboard: turn power off, disconnect the power plug, open case, find the CMOS reset pins (look in your manual), SHORT the pins with something metal like a screwdriver tip. Hold the short on the pins for a minute or two, then put the cover on, hook up power plug and turn on.

Last edited:
Solution

Fiorezy

Notable
Jul 3, 2020

Or you can remove the mobo battery for 15 minutes or so then put it again