Mirroring audio and video from PC to monitor and TV

joplrw10

Honorable
Aug 23, 2014
I have been attempting to figure this out, but seem to run into a road block. I am have a very long HDMI cord so doing this wirelessly isn't an issue. I am attempting to have a game played on a desktop in one room and be able to watch it with audio on a television in another room.

The easiest way would be to connect the long HDMI cord and mirror the displays, but I am left without audio.

Is there a way to do this?

Windows is stupid about audio, allowing you to only select one output device at a time. You can have audio on your head phones, or through the HDMI cable, but not both at the same time... or at least not from the same program out to both at the same time, because you can send audio from different programs out to different outputs at the same time (though it is easier to do on accident rather than on purpose).

Best option is to output your audio and video to an AV reciever that has multiple outputs and have it act as a splitter. One output can go to your main display setup, while the other would go to the TV in the other room.