Mirroring Main Drive

I have a new server with 2 HDD's.

I would like to mirror (Raid?) the C drive to the second drive.

In Disk Management I have the following showing:

Left Column:
Disk 0 Dynamic 76.33
Disk 1 Dynamic 74.53

Right Column:
C is shown as a 'Simple Volume' 76.32 Gb and there is 8Mb Unallocated
the other drive is shown as 74.53 unallocated

If I right click on Disk 0, and try to Create Volume, if I use Disk 0
and 1 it only shows 8Mb as available

Am I doing something wrong? Perhaps I need C to be not 'simple' How do
I do that?

Any help appreciated on the best way to have 'D' drive (Disk 1) to be
a mirror of C (Disk 0)
If it means starting over, thats OK

Regards
Neil

Neil

You will need free unallocated space that is at least as large as the
volume you are trying to mirror. Your volume C is 76.32 GB, and disk1 is
only 74.53 GB, so this one will not be large enough.

This MS Knowledge Base article is a step by step guide how to set up a
software mirror (RAID1):

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=302969

If you, when you install your operating system, select to create a volume
that is less than what your second disk is, you will be able to mirror it.

Best regards

Bjorn
Microsoft MVP (Windows Server - File System)

http://www.phptr.com/articles/article.asp?p=21481&seqNum=10