'Mirror's Edge Catalyst' First Game With Nvidia Ansel Support, But Some Features Absent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of reminds me of the of the old dvd multiple angle approach where some dvd's were supposed to feature some scenes that you could choose from a couple different angles.

A few movies had it but it quickly faded as a feature simply because it likely was too expensive shooting scenes with so many different cameras along with added file size to the dvd to include those angles. This might have a better chance if it's cheaper to include the coding necessary for it.

cinergy

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Nvidia has to put a lot of money to this proprietary tech and support. Only few titles will have it until it soon fades into obscurity.

I believe the reason the omages were saved in 'Videos' has to do with the default location of shadowplay videos, although it's just blind guessing.

For one, I'm quite interested in this technology. I agree that is is especially useful for MMOs, particylarly mmorpg. I've seen some really nice artworks using in-game utilities similar to this. But I will probably use it in many games, the same way I'm constantly taking advantage of shadowplay (so much that Shadowplay is reason enough for me to stick to nVidia no matter what, I can't live without that utility running in the background all the time)

Status
Not open for further replies.