'Mirror's Edge Catalyst' Story Trailer Revealed; Closed Beta Coming Soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstarr3

Distinguished
Too bad its not on steam so I'll just skip it then. Too many games coming out anyway so no lack of.

There are a lot of ways in which Origin is a much better client than Steam. EA are scumbags, but the Origin client is really pretty solid, and their customer service is on par with GOG.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
Too bad its not on steam so I'll just skip it then. Too many games coming out anyway so no lack of.

There are a lot of ways in which Origin is a much better client than Steam. EA are scumbags, but the Origin client is really pretty solid, and their customer service is on par with GOG.

yea, i remember the time that you said something bad about a game on ea forums, they banned you from the forums, and also locked you out of playing any game on their platform... sure it may have gotten better, but they have literally no trust form me in the platform itself.

dstarr3

Distinguished
I just moved all of my games to a separate hard drive.
Moving a Steam library? Easy: Copy, paste, play.
Moving an Origin library? Easy: Copy, paste, verify, play.
Moving a GOG library? Easy: Copy, paste, (maybe) verify, play.
Moving a UPlay library? Torture. Find a handful of different solutions on all kinds of forums, none of which work anymore, then devise a tedious registry hack for each individual game to trick UPlay into working.

UPlay is the real scumbag here. Origin's alright.

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
personally i haw newer had any problems dealing with steam, i had 2 games returned before the return policy got implemented. and all of my problems got answered within 2 days. alto one thing that is really bad is the support for non functioning games. like the new alpha games they call "early access". or most of the non functioning old p-hys x games.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009

look into symbolically linking folders/files, i dont know if its standard function in windows or something i added, but it was a god send before steam allowed you to install files to other drives

dstarr3

Distinguished

I've worked with symlinks before. I just really shouldn't have to. If UPlay is the only client lacking this library-migrating functionality, clearly, UPlay is doing something wrong. Among the myriad of other things it does wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.