Mirror's Edge startup crash (tried everything)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonathonveitch83

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018
I'll start by saying that I've tried everything I've seen online such as copying the PhysXLoader.dll into binaries, changing the resolution in the tdEngine.ini file, and running as Admin.

I should also say that I have previously had Mirrors Edge installed on the same computer and the only hardware change is a graphics card upgrade. When I first had the game I fixed the startup issue by changing the resolution in the tdEngine.ini file, but that isn't working this time. I've also deleted the EA Games folder altogether so that it's replaced and that's also done nothing. I have all the latest drivers and Windows 10 updates, so I don't know what's wrong here.

Specs:
Fx 8350
Gtx 1060 3gb
16gb DDR3 RAM

ANY suggestions would be massively appreciated.

Solution

I think I've found the issue, Geforce Experience was really confused that I'd moved all my games to another drive and that Mirror's Edge was using an older version of PhysX. The solution is to let Geforce Experience scan for all the games and get itself up and running before trying to launch Mirror's Edge. This doesn't fix the issue entirely as the games still suffers from massive FPS drops and crashes, but these were solved by disabling the PhysX setting.

The reason I hadn't thought of this is that Geforce Experience doesn't...

jonathonveitch83

Commendable
Feb 17, 2018

I think I've found the issue, Geforce Experience was really confused that I'd moved all my games to another drive and that Mirror's Edge was using an older version of PhysX. The solution is to let Geforce Experience scan for all the games and get itself up and running before trying to launch Mirror's Edge. This doesn't fix the issue entirely as the games still suffers from massive FPS drops and crashes, but these were solved by disabling the PhysX setting.

The reason I hadn't thought of this is that Geforce Experience doesn't have a Mirror's Edge profile, so it shouldn't effect or monitor the game in any way, but apparently it's stupid.

Thanks for all of the suggestions/solutions posted, I hope my stumbling upon this solution helps anyone else with this problem.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.