Hi guys! I have the following setup:

CPU: AMD FX-8350
GPU: Nvidia GTX 950
PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2016)
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 C10 4x8GB
MBD: Asrock 970 Extreme4

(The SSD and HDD are brand new, the rest is about a year old.)

I have some issues with performance in games such as Fallout 4 (I have tried the .ini tweaks etc to raise FPS, nothing works) and Total War: Warhammer and other games where the requirements are more than met by my setup and so should not have FPS issues at medium/high settings.

I downloaded the Benchmark tool and get horrible results:

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/8033736

In case the link does not work:

UserBenchmarks: Game 29%, Desk 41%, Work 30%
CPU: AMD FX-8350 - 43.4%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 950 - 32.2%
SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB - 332.4%
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB (2016) - 106.6%
RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 C10 4x8GB - 42.7%

I have not overclocked anything and my BIOS is in standard settings for this test.

I have been meticulous in connecting everything the right way with the right cables in the right connections on the MB.

I feel that I should get much better scores, not perfect but better, without any overclocking or BIOS magic.

What could be the issue? I could have had such bad luck that almost ALL of my components were faulty right out of the store...

Best regards

This is a family friendly site.
Watch your language!
Lutfij

Lutfij

Titan
Without worrying about what a benchmark tells you about your system, can you game on it with satisfactory playable frame rates? You're working with a platform that is more than 2 years old and AMD have moved on to the Ryzen platform. You may want to update your BIOS if there are any pending from the manufacturer's support site.

motherlovingoidipus

Commendable
Feb 21, 2018

Done several virus scans so my PC is clean as far as AVG can tell.

My temps are all normal appart from my CPU. But that brand is notorius for reaching high temps (60-72 celcius) during gameplay. I can lower that by reducing voltage etc at the cost of performance.

The settings for Fallout 4 for example is done with a bit of tweaking; godlight to low, shadow distance to medium etc.

I have also tried messing with Nvidia control center but to no noticeable difference in performance.

i CAN overclock the CPU and GPU and mess around with settings, but my point is that I SHOULD have somewhat better performance with my components considering that all of it is pretty damn new..

motherlovingoidipus

Commendable
Feb 21, 2018

I had no idea to be honest. Great tip.

I do not get acceptable FPS on any game, no.

But isupdating my BIOS not a huge risk if everything is otherwise satisfactory?