[SOLVED] Missing a 4 pin atx connector from power supply

Sep 15, 2022
Hello, I was considering to upgrade my motherboard and cpu, and i was going to upgrade my current mobo for a Asus prime x570-p, but putting my system on partpicker gives me this note/error:

"The Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the Corsair CX 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it. "

I was wondering if this is a problem that would damage my system or it's nothing to worry about and if so is there a way to fix this.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9Wb6yK - This is my system with all my part listed (and the ones i was going to buy)

Thanks

Solution
Hello, I was considering to upgrade my motherboard and cpu, and i was going to upgrade my current mobo for a Asus prime x570-p, but putting my system on partpicker gives me this note/error:

"The Asus PRIME X570-P ATX AM4 Motherboard has an additional 4-pin ATX power connector but the Corsair CX 600 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply does not. This connector is used to supply additional 12V current to the motherboard. While the system will likely still run without it, higher current demands such as extreme overclocking or large video card current draws may require it. "

I was wondering if this is a problem that would damage my system or it's nothing to worry about and if so is there a way to fix this...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

I was wondering if this is a problem that would damage my system or it's nothing to worry about and if so is there a way to fix this.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/9Wb6yK - This is my system with all my part listed (and the ones i was going to buy)

Thanks

The lack of an additional 4-pin connector is usually not a problem. The larger problem is that this is a new platform and a cheap, mediocre, group-regulated PSU that's now a decade old. It has no business being in this system, even with only a 3050.

Solution
Sep 15, 2022
The lack of an additional 4-pin connector is usually not a problem. The larger problem is that this is a new platform and a cheap, mediocre, group-regulated PSU that's now a decade old. It has no business being in this system, even with only a 3050.
What power supply should I upgrade to in your opinion?

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
What power supply should I upgrade to in your opinion?

Anything that's Tier B on the curated PSU list in the forum. You don't need a fancy one; an updated Corsair CX after they greatly upgraded the platform to a modern one in 2014 would be just fine. You could even get away with a 450W one unless you plan to really push the overclocking, though it wouldn't leave you room for future upgrades.

You can actually find pretty good deals on a lot of PSUs, like there's been an EVGA Platinum-rated one for $70. Some of the supply chain issues in tech are better than in 2021 or 2020 and the slowdown in PC purchasing has left a lot of excess stock.

Sep 15, 2022
Anything that's Tier B on the curated PSU list in the forum. You don't need a fancy one; an updated Corsair CX after they greatly upgraded the platform to a modern one in 2014 would be just fine. You could even get away with a 450W one unless you plan to really push the overclocking, though it wouldn't leave you room for future upgrades.

You can actually find pretty good deals on a lot of PSUs, like there's been an EVGA Platinum-rated one for $70. Some of the supply chain issues in tech are better than in 2021 or 2020 and the slowdown in PC purchasing has left a lot of excess stock.

Oh i never thought this PSU was so outdated, i bought it in 2017 and never had any problems.

I had in mind to buy a used Enermax revolution xt II 650W 80 plus gold, since im buying all the "new" components from the same guy.
Thanks so much for your time 💕

Jan 28, 2024

Thanks
Don't know if you'll still look at this but I made an account just to say this:
One of the 8-pins splits into 2 4-pins, just use one and leave the other. Found this out earlier today from a different post.
[https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...in-connector-for-cpu-power-connector.2900994/]