[SOLVED] Missing a setting in nvidia 3d panel on my new pc (HELP)

TheCitruss

Prominent
Aug 12, 2019
Hello! Im in deep need of help. I got my new pc last week and ive been very thrilled. It has a 2060 6gb i7 8700 and more.
I have a 144hz screen and i just havent felt like ive gotten that smoothness in games since i got the pc.
And thats when i checked in to 3d panel and saw that my setting "preferred refresh rate" is only available with
1. Not available or
2.programcontrolled.
On my old pc i had the option "highest available" which made my games smooth. However its not there and i have no clue how to fix this.

Solution
Try doing a CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers., Use the DDU tool. https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

This Preferred refresh rate option (<enter monitor name>) lets you override the refresh rate limitations imposed by the 3D application for the indicated monitor.
  • Application-controlled: Let the 3D application decide the optimum refresh rate.
  • If NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D is installed but not enabled, then the "Application Controlled" option is forced and cannot be changed.
  • Highest Available: Override the 3D application's setting with the highest available refresh rate to take advantage of high refresh rate displays and to enhance image quality.
  • If your application does NOT perform properly when using the "Highest...
Try doing a CLEAN re-install of the GPU drivers., Use the DDU tool. https://www.wagnardsoft.com/

This Preferred refresh rate option (<enter monitor name>) lets you override the refresh rate limitations imposed by the 3D application for the indicated monitor.
  • Application-controlled: Let the 3D application decide the optimum refresh rate.
  • If NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D is installed but not enabled, then the "Application Controlled" option is forced and cannot be changed.
  • Highest Available: Override the 3D application's setting with the highest available refresh rate to take advantage of high refresh rate displays and to enhance image quality.
  • If your application does NOT perform properly when using the "Highest Available" option, then select "Application-controlled" instead.
Notes:
  • This control is not available for applications identified as not supporting this feature.

• If NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D is installed and enabled, then the option is set to "Controlled by Stereo" and cannot be changed. You can see the refresh rate set in the Stereoscopic 3D "Test Stereoscopic 3D" dialog box.

• This control is disabled if variable refresh rate is enabled.

Solution

TheCitruss

Prominent
Aug 12, 2019

• If your application does NOT perform properly when using the "Highest Available" option, then select "Application-controlled" instead.
Notes:
  • This control is not available for applications identified as not supporting this feature.

• If NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D is installed and enabled, then the option is set to "Controlled by Stereo" and cannot be changed. You can see the refresh rate set in the Stereoscopic 3D "Test Stereoscopic 3D" dialog box.

• This control is disabled if variable refresh rate is enabled.
I just reinstalled my gpu driver on geforce experience to see if anything changed and the result was no diffrent..