Question Missing C drive from Defragment list

Jun 17, 2019
I recently updated to Windows 10 May 2019 Update version 1903. I noticed when I entered optimise Drive, the Local Disk C was missing from the list. Any idea as to how to solve this issue?

Jun 17, 2019
Hi Everyone, Thank you very much for your responses and my apologies for the delayed reply. In the meantime, I did a scan disk and the C drive appeared!

Same process either way. Anything that forces the system to rescan for hardware change or populate it's disk volume information would result in the same thing happening, which is recognition of the existing hardware. Either way, fixed is fixed so it doesn't much matter at this point.

Jun 17, 2019
Same process either way. Anything that forces the system to rescan for hardware change or populate it's disk volume information would result in the same thing happening, which is recognition of the existing hardware. Either way, fixed is fixed so it doesn't much matter at this point.
Actually it does matter. Surprisingly, rescan disks via Disk Management did not solve the problem - which I did first. It was scan disk via Tools that did the trick - for whatever the reason!