missing capacitors on a i5 3470s??

Sep 11, 2018
hi guys,
I'm planning to use this gpu to replace my friend's g2030 but I noticed that some of it's capacitors are missing...

would it be safe to test it or nah?
gP2cwmO.jpg

sMIwAkJ.jpg

Solution
Like Mike says, all you can do is try it...but be careful. Those MLCC capacitors are there for final filtering of the power lines feeding the CPU die, one terminal is on a voltage like VCore, the other on ground. They are tiny, very narrow, if they were ripped off it's very possible one or more of the soldered end caps could be left shorting across the to the other side. It could do serious damage to the mother board.

So examine them very carefully under magnification to make sure nothing is shorting before 'just trying it'.
Like Mike says, all you can do is try it...but be careful. Those MLCC capacitors are there for final filtering of the power lines feeding the CPU die, one terminal is on a voltage like VCore, the other on ground. They are tiny, very narrow, if they were ripped off it's very possible one or more of the soldered end caps could be left shorting across the to the other side. It could do serious damage to the mother board.

So examine them very carefully under magnification to make sure nothing is shorting before 'just trying it'.

Solution