Missing cd drivers

leon_90

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
Hello,
hello
my computer before used to work on vista, but now when i put windows 7 on it; it not reading cds as before. only dvds
please email me back at do.not.post.your.email@hotmail.com

Mod Edit: Do not publicly post personal Identifiable Information on the forums please, this is for your safety.

cassandraf_winteam

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
hello leon_90,

You should try checking Windows Updates to see if Windows detects a driver for you. Here's how:

Open Windows Update by typing "Windows Update" in the Start Menu search box.- - In the left pane, click Check for updates.
- If there are any available updates, click the links to see more information about each update.
- On the Select the updates you want to install page, look for updates for your hardware devices, select the check box for each driver that you want to install, and then click OK.
- On the Windows Update page, click Install updates. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation..

Windows Update will tell you if the updates were successfully installed.

Hope this helps!

Cassandra
Microsoft Windows Outreach

jcjim990

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2010
I think you'd better to use software to diagnose your computer firstly, i recommend you to try TuneUp360, which i have been using it for several months and i found that it is very powerful! :D