Jeannie

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2004

I am having problems with a computer that everytime you try to access any
program it reads:

Cannot find the file msconfig or one of its components. Make sure the path
and file name are correct and that all libraries are available.

This happens if I try to open my adaware program and system mechanical
program. When the computer starts up and runs thru the programs it says the
same thing about them. I can't find anything to fix this. Any suggestions???
I can't backup or restore this computer.

--
Jeannie

"jeannie" <jeannie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am having problems with a computer that everytime you try to access any
> program it reads:
>
> Cannot find the file msconfig or one of its components. Make sure the path
> and file name are correct and that all libraries are available.
>
> This happens if I try to open my adaware program and system mechanical
> program. When the computer starts up and runs thru the programs it says
the
> same thing about them. I can't find anything to fix this. Any
suggestions???
> I can't backup or restore this computer.
>

> --
> Jeannie

msconfig.exe is a WinXP program. You can download it from here:
http://www.svrops.com/svrops/dwnldoth.htm, then place it into
the System32 folder. However, this will only cure the symptoms.
One of your startup task is trying to invoke msconfig.exe when it
probably should not. Look at the Startup tab when running
msconfig.exe and try to isolate the culprit.

Jeannie

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2004

Even though this is a windows 2000 operating system? It is happening on all
of my programs like that. It is kinda like windows 2000 is corrupted.
--
Jeannie

"Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:

> "jeannie" <jeannie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am having problems with a computer that everytime you try to access any
> > program it reads:
> >
> > Cannot find the file msconfig or one of its components. Make sure the path
> > and file name are correct and that all libraries are available.
> >
> > This happens if I try to open my adaware program and system mechanical
> > program. When the computer starts up and runs thru the programs it says
> the
> > same thing about them. I can't find anything to fix this. Any
> suggestions???
> > I can't backup or restore this computer.
> >

> > --
> > Jeannie
>
> msconfig.exe is a WinXP program. You can download it from here:
> http://www.svrops.com/svrops/dwnldoth.htm, then place it into
> the System32 folder. However, this will only cure the symptoms.
> One of your startup task is trying to invoke msconfig.exe when it
> probably should not. Look at the Startup tab when running
> msconfig.exe and try to isolate the culprit.

TRENDING THREADS