[SOLVED] Missing Cpu cooler Bracket

Jul 24, 2020
I have recently purchased a Ryzen 5 1600x second hand along with a Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 motherboard (first time builder) to go along with it. When I purchased the CPU, the seller combined it with the wraith prism which was not the original cooler that it came with. When putting the pc together, I noticed that the cpu cooler did not exactly stay down when having the computer in the vertical position, so currently I have it in horizontal mode.
I narrowed this down to it being a problem with the cpu bracket mounting system.
If there is anything you can recommend me to do so I can have my computer in the vertical position, it would really help
thx

Solution
I have recently purchased a Ryzen 5 1600x second hand along with a Gigabyte GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 motherboard (first time builder) to go along with it. When I purchased the CPU, the seller combined it with the wraith prism which was not the original cooler that it came with. When putting the pc together, I noticed that the cpu cooler did not exactly stay down when having the computer in the vertical position, so currently I have it in horizontal mode.
I narrowed this down to it being a problem with the cpu bracket mounting system.
If there is anything you can recommend me to do so I can have my computer in the vertical position, it would really help
thx
Wraith prism requires standard AM4 CPU retaining bracket and MB backplate to go...
thx
Wraith prism requires standard AM4 CPU retaining bracket and MB backplate to go behind MB those are 2 black plastic parts that go above and bellow CPU socket to which cooler latches. See picture here https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AB350M-Gaming-3-rev-1x#kf
If you don't have those parts it would mean previous owner had an R3 Ryzen and OEM cooler that doesn't require it.
Please don't use it without cooler being safely and tightly secured, it may burn CPU if it falls of.

Solution
Jul 24, 2020
Its that motherboard but the AM4 CPU retaining bracket and MB back plate is missing. I have bought a new one but it wont fit . Do you know where I can obtain one and what its called

Its that motherboard but the AM4 CPU retaining bracket and MB back plate is missing. I have bought a new one but it wont fit . Do you know where I can obtain one and what its called
AM4 has different mounting holes than rest of AMD based MBs, they have to be specifically made for AM4 socket, nothing else will fit. Maybe at Amazon or sites like that https://www.amazon.com/mounting-Bracket-Socket-Heatsink-1-Pack/dp/B07L1Q3XDS
Possibly buy an AM4 MB used and abused (dead).