missing drivers from Win 7

patrick ahern

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015
I have an HP Pavilion desktop running win 7.
Lately, I find some peripheral devices are not recognized: usb 2.0 hub, storage drive (Lacie rugged xl).
I figured this computer is 5 years old and some drivers are not being loaded at boot up.

Is there any hope for this old computer?

Solution
Only thing I could suggest to you is go into your bios. If there is an advanced tab, go to it and check if you have an USB device options.

If you see any, set them to auto and USB legacy support should be enabled or on "auto" as well

Not sure if you have these settings either: some bios version have a setting where you can "unlock" or "lock" devices and USB ports. Unlock these

Save settings, reboot and see if it helps.

patrick ahern

Reputable
Jun 12, 2015

My desktop is a HP Pavilion a4310f.
AMD Athlon II microprocessor.
mobo M@N68-la Marra-6-gl6
64-bit Win 7.
I have gotten 'error 43' when this usb 2.0 lacie rugged xl is opened. Also 'code31- Windows found the driver for this device but could not install it.'
This device is not listed in BIOS.
In device manager, 'IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers>1394 OHCI compliant driver was suggested in previous search; these selections are not present in my device manager.

I apparently have some seriously damaged driver files on my hard drive. The Windows website was of no use-I was shifted to a site pushing Windows 8
I found a youtube video explaining how to do this manually, but I fear this operation is beyond my level of expertise.
I guess my only choice is to reinstall the Win 7 OS, but this seems like overkill for such a seemingly small problem.
Also of note-I have 3 external drives-Zip, cage drive, and seagate backup drive which are all recognized by this computer.
Thanx.

Reyaz123

Admirable
Only thing I could suggest to you is go into your bios. If there is an advanced tab, go to it and check if you have an USB device options.

If you see any, set them to auto and USB legacy support should be enabled or on "auto" as well

Not sure if you have these settings either: some bios version have a setting where you can "unlock" or "lock" devices and USB ports. Unlock these

Save settings, reboot and see if it helps.

Solution