Missing Hard Disk Space after format

William Wong

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
Hi guys, really need help with this and i'm at a lost already =P

So my problem is that i have a 3TB hard disk which i've formatted to a 1 partition exFat format, which didn't allow me to boot my computer pass the bios screen (keeps crashing)

So i tried reformatting it back using an external dock (which works but i wanted to format to make it readable by the bios), when i use the disk management tool on wins8 to remove it's volume, it's volume (at first 3TB) then after removing turned 700GB. i just lost nearly 3/4 of my total space and i have no idea how to recover it.

it's not displaying other partition that i can remove and whenever i retry reformatting that disk, it's stuck on that 700gb

So my question is this, is there a way to reset my hard disk to it's factory default settings so that it'll display all total disk space?

Solution
Try to format the disk with a bootable media(DVD/USB). Try to format with NTFS/GPT file format. BTW do you have UEFI BIOS on MB ? I think disk mgmt. won't work in this situation. Plug the drive as internal HDD and not with a dock/case before formatting.

sna

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2010

you can low level format your harddisk using utilities ...

Try to format the disk with a bootable media(DVD/USB). Try to format with NTFS/GPT file format. BTW do you have UEFI BIOS on MB ? I think disk mgmt. won't work in this situation. Plug the drive as internal HDD and not with a dock/case before formatting.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS