missing i tunes library from external hard drive, but photos survived

Richardfn

Reputable
Apr 30, 2014
i saved all photos and i tunes library onto an external hard drive. i connected this to my new laptop - the photos uploaded, but the I tunes library did not. iTunes tells me music is available in the cloud but no success

Solution
There are two possibilities. The one that seems most likely to me is that the files are on the hard drive but licensing issues prevent iTunes from playing them. Can you look at the drive itself and tell us if there are any iTunes files on it?

I think there's a way to export a library and import it on another machine; it's a little more complicated than just copying. I may be wrong; my only experience with iTunes is helping my daughter.
There are two possibilities. The one that seems most likely to me is that the files are on the hard drive but licensing issues prevent iTunes from playing them. Can you look at the drive itself and tell us if there are any iTunes files on it?

I think there's a way to export a library and import it on another machine; it's a little more complicated than just copying. I may be wrong; my only experience with iTunes is helping my daughter.

Solution