Missing Icons in Systray

Several icons that should be showing in systray aren't there. The programs
are running & I have checked any box that says to display the icon.
Three missing icons are: volume control, APC power backup status, & MS new
spyware blocker....
Two network connections icons are showing properly.
Does anyone know what may be causing this?
Windows XP pro

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:uvGMLTbuFHA.1132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
Steven F. <steven-f@swbell.net> had this to say:

> Several icons that should be showing in systray aren't there. The
> programs are running & I have checked any box that says to display
> the icon. Three missing icons are: volume control, APC power backup
> status, &
> MS new spyware blocker....
> Two network connections icons are showing properly.
> Does anyone know what may be causing this?
> Windows XP pro

Sometimes they just plain don't show up - this is SOMETIMES due to a
corrupted profile though restoring to an earlier date or just plain
rebooting has made them come back. If it's a corrupted profile see here:

Corrupted Profile: Windows XP :
http://kgiii.info/windows/XP/general/corruptprofile.html

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

Try this, so far only one person has tried it.

<quote>
I have found fix for the missing XP tray Icons on the home page of
Tech-pro.net. The solution worked for me just fine as suggested on the web
site which was to disable the UPNP using the provided reg file UPNPOFF.REG.
But that got me thinking that it must be something that does this other then
UPNP and I found the actual culprit. This is really dumb but it worked. Open
My Network Placers and click on the "Hide icon for networked UPnP devices"
located in the Network Task area of this window. If there is "Show icons for
networked devices" in this location instead then the problem must be
someplace else.

--
Pavel
</quote>

"Steven F." <steven-f@swbell.net> wrote in message news:uvGMLTbuFHA.1132@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Several icons that should be showing in systray aren't there. The programs
> are running & I have checked any box that says to display the icon.
> Three missing icons are: volume control, APC power backup status, & MS new
> spyware blocker....
> Two network connections icons are showing properly.
> Does anyone know what may be causing this?
> Windows XP pro

kelly

As I have asked before when this was first reported without a response, give
us the specs that offer this option. I have never seen it.

--

All the Best,
Kelly (MS-MVP)

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

In memory of those lost during Katrina &
Prayers and Hope for the remaining displaced.