Question Missing M.2 screw

Mar 5, 2019
I got a Samsung 970 Evo Plus for my pc but when I went to install it, the screw for the m.2 was missing. Idk if the screw is important or not but if it is, can someone tell me what kind of screw it is so I can buy replacements? My motherboard is a MSI B450 Tomahawk. Thx

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
It should have com with your motherboard:

Package contents Please check the contents of your motherboard package. It should contain: Motherboard , Driver DVD yUser Manual , Quick Installation Guide ,I/O Shielding ,SATA 6G Cable x2 Case Badge , VIP card M.2 Screw x1 (y)

Mar 5, 2019
It should have com with your motherboard:

Package contents Please check the contents of your motherboard package. It should contain: Motherboard , Driver DVD yUser Manual , Quick Installation Guide ,I/O Shielding ,SATA 6G Cable x2 Case Badge , VIP card M.2 Screw x1 (y)
I've already searched for the screws but I think it just didn't come with the motherboard. DO u by any chance know what type of screw it is?

check the socket, sometime they screw it halfway there where it's gonna end up. if not there should be a plastic small bag with all the screws in the mb package.

the m2 screw is usually very thin