Missing New Cortana Start Menu

egoo5540

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
I logged into my computer the other day and noticed my regular Windows 10 Cortana start menu was missing. My Toshiba external hard drive is also not being recognized and I don't see the hard drive listed in disk management. When I plug in the hard drive it lights up and I can feel it spinning, however, Windows won't recognize it. Any thoughts on either of these issues, I would greatly appreciate it!!

Solution
Right click on the bottom bar and then second from the top is Cortana this is where you can change from the search bar to an icon or hide it altogether. As for the hard drive I can't say it could be a USB problem the only way I know to test this is to plug it into another computer if it doesn't work then the drive is toast if it does work then you need ton uninstall all your USB ports and then let them reinstall after a reboot.

Gate420

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
Right click on the bottom bar and then second from the top is Cortana this is where you can change from the search bar to an icon or hide it altogether. As for the hard drive I can't say it could be a USB problem the only way I know to test this is to plug it into another computer if it doesn't work then the drive is toast if it does work then you need ton uninstall all your USB ports and then let them reinstall after a reboot.

Solution