Missing one more icon: "Recycle Bin"

Hi All,

With the generous help of Will Denny (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User), I was able
to re-populate my Desktop with MyComputer, MyNetworkPlaces, MyDocuments and
InternetExplorer.

Will told me to right-click the Desktop, click Property menu item, then
Customize Desktop button.

In the process, I saw the Recycle Bin icons (full and empty), but couldn't
copy them to the Desktop. Did I miss something, or is there something else
that will help me?

Thanks in advance,
Richard

Hi Richard

Please see the following link to Kelly's web site:

Line 64 - right hand side

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"Richard Lionheart" <NoSpam@Nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> With the generous help of Will Denny (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User), I was
> able to re-populate my Desktop with MyComputer, MyNetworkPlaces,
> MyDocuments and InternetExplorer.
>
> Will told me to right-click the Desktop, click Property menu item, then
> Customize Desktop button.
>
> In the process, I saw the Recycle Bin icons (full and empty), but
> couldn't copy them to the Desktop. Did I miss something, or is there
> something else that will help me?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Richard

Hi Will,

Thanks again!!

However, this time I tried harder to fend for myself. I browsed the
microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize group and found a link to
Kellys-Korner. Then I found an alternative solution by searching the page
for "icon". That led me to #158: Change the Recycle Bin Icon - Undo.
Following the instructions at the top of the page, I got icons installed.

Nevertheless, I'm glad I posted the question because I wasn't optimistic
about finding a solution by poking around. So I'm greatful to have you "in
my corner."

Best wishes,
Richard Muller

> Hi Richard
>
> Please see the following link to Kelly's web site:
>
> Line 64 - right hand side

> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>

> "Richard Lionheart" <NoSpam@Nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> With the generous help of Will Denny (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User), I was
>> able to re-populate my Desktop with MyComputer, MyNetworkPlaces,
>> MyDocuments and InternetExplorer.
>>
>> Will told me to right-click the Desktop, click Property menu item, then
>> Customize Desktop button.
>>
>> In the process, I saw the Recycle Bin icons (full and empty), but
>> couldn't copy them to the Desktop. Did I miss something, or is there
>> something else that will help me?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Richard

Glad your problem is sorted out Richard.

--

> Hi Will,
>
> Thanks again!!
>
> However, this time I tried harder to fend for myself. I browsed the
> microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize group and found a link to
> Kellys-Korner. Then I found an alternative solution by searching the page
> for "icon". That led me to #158: Change the Recycle Bin Icon - Undo.
> Following the instructions at the top of the page, I got icons installed.
>
> Nevertheless, I'm glad I posted the question because I wasn't optimistic
> about finding a solution by poking around. So I'm greatful to have you
> "in my corner."
>
> Best wishes,
> Richard Muller

>> Hi Richard
>>
>> Please see the following link to Kelly's web site:
>>
>> Line 64 - right hand side
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>

>> "Richard Lionheart" <NoSpam@Nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> With the generous help of Will Denny (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User), I was
>>> able to re-populate my Desktop with MyComputer, MyNetworkPlaces,
>>> MyDocuments and InternetExplorer.
>>>
>>> Will told me to right-click the Desktop, click Property menu item, then
>>> Customize Desktop button.
>>>
>>> In the process, I saw the Recycle Bin icons (full and empty), but
>>> couldn't copy them to the Desktop. Did I miss something, or is there
>>> something else that will help me?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Richard

TRENDING THREADS